The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blitz DSBC

Gareth Davies

Ok i'm in gadget heaven now having just picked up my new car. Which is loaded with various bleepy boxes, of which one is the Blitz DSBC.

I've seen other members with this, and was wondering what kind of settings they we're running?

I think I understand the various concepts as described on the online manual, but if anyone knows of some pitfalls...

Thanks in advance. No rush, i'm still fasinated by the folding mirrors :)

Guest Martin F

Gareth

I'm still trying to work this out and i've had my car for nearly four months now!!!!!

Mind you i didn't really want to play with this until i had an analogue boost gauge installed, which i now have.

The Swiss online manual is a very good guide, and helps a lot.

Settings i have in mine are :-

1 Ratio = 40

Gain = 10

2 Ratio = 50

Gain = 10

3 Ratio = 65

Gain = 10

Peak Limit 1.0kg\cm

Reductio -10

These are not really my settings (apart from the conservative Peak Limit) as i haven't changed any of these since i've had the car.

One of the interesting features is the Peak Hold measurement, can help with checking how far you are over boosting.

Turn up the Gain too far and you will get a massive boost spike, beware.

Quote: from Martin F on 9:28 pm on Oct. 13, 2001[br]Gareth

I'm still trying to work this out and i've had my car for nearly four months now!!!!!

Mind you i didn't really want to play with this until i had an analogue boost gauge installed, which i now have.

The Swiss online manual is a very good guide, and helps a lot.

Settings i have in mine are :-

1 Ratio = 40

Gain = 10

2 Ratio = 50

Gain = 10

3 Ratio = 65

Gain = 10

Peak Limit 1.0kg\cm

Reductio -10

These are not really my settings (apart from the conservative Peak Limit) as i haven't changed any of these since i've had the car.

One of the interesting features is the Peak Hold measurement, can help with checking how far you are over boosting.

Turn up the Gain too far and you will get a massive boost spike, beware.

Martin, are you using an electronic boost gauge or mechanical?

Just went for a run, the gain was set to 1 which I think might have been causing some nasty problems as the whole system sounds a lot deeper now. Got it set to 10 and it seems an aweful lot better.

I only dared run it a few times, since there were quite a few people about and I didn't take it off R50/G10 and it only got a peak 1.1 Kg/cm, I set my peak limit at 1.2 and a -10. I've got a mechanical gauge so I could play a bit more I guess.

If I recall from a while back stock turbos aren't worth having at more than 1.2 Bar anyway (1.22 kg/cm?). If I set it to something like R100/G20 could I see what the maximum boost would be or will it be raining pistons?

I was kind of hoping that it would have been set-up as I hoped the guys in japan knew their stuff, but it's obviously all been fiddled with. I just pray they haven't messed up the fuelling...

I managed to understand two of the other boxes now as well the... two fan controllers ;)

Guest Martin F

It's an electronic one, analogue needle.

On Friday i installed the Greddy Peak and Hold boost gauge and EGT gauge in an A-pillar pod.

I have nothing but praises for the quality of the Greddy meters, just a shame the same QC guy wasn't working on the A-pillar line.

I know people think electronic gauges are slow but my inital observations are that the boost gauge seems to be fine climbing and dropping very rapidly, but the EGT could be a tad on the slow side but it could be my interpretation.

Damn i'd make a good politician, so diplomatic!!! :o

Guest Martin F
Quote: from Gareth Davies on 10:04 pm on Oct. 13, 2001[br]Just went for a run, the gain was set to 1 which I think might have been causing some nasty problems as the whole system sounds a lot deeper now. Got it set to 10 and it seems an aweful lot better.

I only dared run it a few times, since there were quite a few people about and I didn't take it off R50/G10 and it only got a peak 1.1 Kg/cm, I set my peak limit at 1.2 and a -10. I've got a mechanical gauge so I could play a bit more I guess.

If I recall from a while back stock turbos aren't worth having at more than 1.2 Bar anyway (1.22 kg/cm?). If I set it to something like R100/G20 could I see what the maximum boost would be or will it be raining pistons?

I was kind of hoping that it would have been set-up as I hoped the guys in japan knew their stuff, but it's obviously all been fiddled with. I just pray they haven't messed up the fuelling...

I managed to understand two of the other boxes now as well the... two fan controllers ;)

Gareth does that machine have stock turbos ??

As for ratio 100, well that would be the equivalent of leaving a bleed valve fully open, so not a good idea.

Unless you like round holes in your bonnet of course!!!!! :biggrin:

Thought as much ;) So I can have round holes as well as the vents? Bonus! and they make us pay all this money for racing bonnets ;)

I have no idea what type of turbos are fitted, but I have no reason to suspect they're not stock. I really need to get someone to go over it and make an inventory (well someone that knows what they're doing unlike myself). I know some people would consider it a bit mad to buy a car without knowing whats in it, but hell it definatly is interesting! Like christmas all over again :cheesy:

I must say i'm really impressed with the auto box on it, i'll be damned if I could change gears that fast! And the kick down is nothing short of instant. Tad better than the NA.

The only guages i've got are oil / water (I think!), boost and a big fat apexi RPM one (just incase the one in the middle of the dash wasn't obvious enough!). I really could do with a EGT one asap so I can tell if it's running healthy.

Big exhaust too, so i've finished my boost runs for this evening ;)

I have the Blitz DSBC as well. I have found that maximum boost is temperature dependant. The colder it gets the lower I have to set my Ratio and Gain. I also think it is car dependant. Most of the guys in the US run much higher settings than mine and have no problem overboosting.

Currently I have set them to:

Preset 1   Ratio 10

Preset 2   Ratio 15

Preset 3   Ratio 20

Preset 4   Ratio 25

Gain is set to 8.

Warning is set to 1,20 with -10.

On preset 4 it still boosts up to 1,25 in 6th gear at full throttle. Last week I was careless for a second on a full throttle run and it boosted up to 1,46! Gain was set to 10 at that time. I hope my turbo's have survived. If not I will just have to go for a SP57 kit sooner than I expected :-)

I have the DSBC always set to peak hold since I have a n APEX'i electronic boost gauge as well. The latter shows a little more boost than the Blitz unit although both are connected to the same vacuum line.

Flavio