The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone fitted these before????

michael parker

Hi peeps, just wondering if anyone has fitted http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/97-98-Toyota-Supra-Crystal-Clear-Bumper-Indicators_W0QQitemZ8001170686QQcategoryZ14763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem these before??? i know people have said don't bother with the uk dealer on ebay due to no looms with the kit e.t.c. though i quite fancy putting U.S. spec ones on that are totally clear (without the orange bit) just wondered if it would mean a lot of messing about or would it be a straight forward swap?? also it states they're for a 97-98 vvti, mines a 93, so is it looking unpromising???

If so where d'ya recommend i get clear front and side repeaters from and roughly how much would they cost???

Thanks in advance :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Guest KARacing

Hi Michael,

You can get a Genuine Toyota indicators (the clear one) for £48.00 a set. Dont waste money on Ebay fake parts. The Genuine Toyota one will fit on 93 to 02 Supra :)

Michael, as has been said these are not genuine Toyota parts, are not as good quality and have a tendancy to fog over inside.

I've sourced genuine facelift indicators for a lot of members from here, pm me if you want details.

Sounds great Nic, though i'm getting uk glass headlights fitted on the 8th october and would really require them by then, not sure on how long they would take to receive from Hong Kong??? :shrug:

Guest KARacing
Are these the clear FRONT indicators for £48, not the side.... whose that from mr T?? and do they come with bulbs?

Yes, they are the clear FRONT indicator for £48 which I bought for my brother's 93 TT

P.S. they do come with bulbs

Hi Mike,

How much did you pay for uk glass headlights?

Well bit of a story, went into mr T's for a service and he commented on my headlights been steamed up and said i should get them replaced at a cost of £325.00 inc fitting, at the time i left it, though after a few weeks i thought.... well i want glass lights anyway. So i rung back and checked the price.....this time it was £488.00!!! inc fitting, so i said i've got my service certificate with a quote of £325.00, so they said "oh well if thats what we quoted ya, thats what we'll have to sell you them for" :trophy: I know its not hard fitting the lights but it'll save me a job :woot:

I bought those indicators from that seller and havn't had a days trouble with them. Easy to fit and tidy units highly recommended.

Why don't you fit the headlights yourself and save a few quid?? REALLY easy job.

:confused: :confused: so many different theorems on these indicators!!!!

As for the headlights, i know they're easy to change, as i cleaned up my current ones, though i obviously didn't seal them properly hence the steaming up, D'oh!!! :thumbdown. Not sure if toyota would knock the price down due to them not fitting, especially as im getting them for the wrong price anyway....£160+ cheaper.

Guest KARacing
So let me get this right....£48 for clear indicators from Mr T himself?

P.S will they fit my J-Spec??

Yes, from Toyota here in HK and they will fit on J-Spec for sure (100% guarantee) :thumbs: because my brother's 93 TT is J-Spec

Guest KARacing
Well bit of a story, went into mr T's for a service and he commented on my headlights been steamed up and said i should get them replaced at a cost of £325.00 inc fitting, at the time i left it, though after a few weeks i thought.... well i want glass lights anyway. So i rung back and checked the price.....this time it was £488.00!!! inc fitting, so i said i've got my service certificate with a quote of £325.00, so they said "oh well if thats what we quoted ya, thats what we'll have to sell you them for" :trophy: I know its not hard fitting the lights but it'll save me a job :woot:

I think that is a good deal £325.00 in UK :thumbs: