The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air Con Diagnostics

Soonto_HAS_soop

Soonto I fixed I A/C a long time ago so I dont 100% remember but when the gas gets low, to prevent damage to the air con system the pressure switch cuts in to stop it being used. It doesnt always mean the pressure switch needs replacing but like I say I dont really remember so check over the diagnostics carefully before buying any new parts.

I had it leak tested and regassed like 9 months ago after it wasn't working, so it cannot be that (I hope). Although it really wasn't that cold when he had finished refilling it with Gas, so maybe something else was wrong with it. I do know that the pump doesn't kick in, so I will do the tests first before buying anything. TBH, I might even rip it all out as I haven't used it for this summer anyway - much prefer to have the windows down and listen to the exhaust.

Just looking and it says that I need to test the A/C amplifier, as well as possibly testing the pressure sensor in the engine bay. Does anyone have a picture of the pressure sensor and it's location within the engine bay?