The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scammers, 1st grade B....rds

SupraWoman

Last year, after having a car accident, I had to replace most of the body kit. Due to the body kit parts supplied unpainted, I’ve decided to re-paint the whole car into totally different custom colour. As most of you know.

Due to multiple delays in paint job, the paint job wasn’t 100% satisfactory, as no windows were taken out to paint the car as it should be, there were unpolished patches left on the rear spoiler, front bumper, the rubber round every window looked like it was melted/ cutted. The door handles from inside were missed and left unpainted. As we were running out of time, the car was not in a driveable condition and we had to deliver it on a trailer to the show. After the show it was taken back to the garage to put all the parts together and finish outstanding job. In total the whole process took almost 4 months, instead of 3-4 weeks.

The budget was discussed before hand - £3,000. I’ve been quoted at 2 different companies £2,500.

At the end of the paint job they have demanded payment of £7,000 in cash – which I paid, though I was very shocked to hear the total amount. As soon as the payment was done – they released the car, which was still finished unsatisfactory. But they were keep promising to take it back as soon as they’ll be a bit more free to put the car right. Which never happened. Later no one was taken my calls, or returning them.

After 4 months – I started noticing some strange marks on my car. On the roof and sides of the car, there started appearing some sort of air bubbles, under the paint. Obviously, when driving this sport car – some parts (as in a normal car too) might flex during driving. So, where’s the side skirts were attached to the body – the paint cracked. Which suggested, that those parts were not painted separately but as a whole. After hot weather started it became even worth, the paint on the top of the roof started literally peeling off as a one big lump of laquer.. I’ve been told before, that they painted and put a lot of coats of paint/ glitter/ laquer – something like about 40 ! coats.

Obviously, because it wasn’t done properly, due to weather conditions – its started to show up.

So I told them to sort my car out and I did say that I’m not paying anything. I’ve never seen anywhere, that people spend £7,000 on paint job, wait for it to peel off and pay another £2,000 to put it right again. I understand, that its quiet a good way to ‘earn’ money – though its not what should be done under Trading Standards rules.

Now, in the last few weeks, my car stays outside, covered with some piece of old plastic cover with lots of big holes in it. As my car has windows taken out, and the paint stripped to the bare metal – after rainy long days, the carpets in the car were wet, outside there some patches of rust started to show up. Inside of the car is filthy dirty, and in general the car is in a very poor condition.

You could imagine what I feel like, those people have no shame whatsoever. I had no other choice but to speak to my friends. Who offered me to come with me and talk to the paint guy. He had a chat with him as man to man, and the paint guy has agreed that the car should be done urgently, he promised that my car will be back into workshop on the 4th of Aug and be ready to collect on the 20th of August. His writing on his personal business card, does confirms that. On that day, the 2nd of August – I took pictures of car sitting outside, to show in what condition it is after all these months, the look of the plastic cover that does nothing to protect from weather.

On the evening of 4th of Aug, I learned that my car still outside and still covered with that useless piece of plastic. When I asked, why my car is still outside, he replied that I’ll find out why from a letter from his solicitor. Knowing that I’m going away, I had to wait till I get back. As soon as I got back – I checked my post box, to find out a letter from him, not a solicitor – where his ridiculous statement says that I have to pay £2,000 (that was never discussed or agreed in 1st place) and where he says he painted my car but its not allowed to drive???... In his words, its looks like I should have just looked at my car and use my legs or imagination if I need to get to some places???

In his letter he wrote: ‘However this car clearly was used as on road vehicle’… WTF?? Should I have been using it as an off road helicopter??

Its look like he’s trying to blackmail me – perfectly knowing that the car is now not in a drivable condition he puts out an ultimatum that I have to pay another £2,000??

Now I collected my car last week.. It broke my heart when I saw it again..

See it for your self.. :cry: :cry:

I’m with no car since 25th of April, so almost 5months now..:thumbdown

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3552/cimg08534dk.th.jpghttp://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5960/cimg08562oa.th.jpghttp://img278.imageshack.us/img278/7708/cimg08600rs.th.jpghttp://img166.imageshack.us/img166/8936/cimg08613mp.th.jpghttp://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6127/cimg09977xj.th.jpghttp://img307.imageshack.us/img307/513/cimg10000ts.th.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a total an utter disgrace! Oh my god are these the people that did Rosie's car or something? £7000 for a re-spray, what did they paint it with gold? Before I faint at the audacity of these jokers all I can say is I hope you can take legal action against them to recover not only your money but the for the total waste of time and hassle you've had to experience. No one should have to go through this I hope you can get something sorted ASAP.

My god, that is so painful to see and it's not even my car! Really feel for ya!

Agree with the other guys here - seek legal advice. But bear in mind it is DEFINITELY worth spending a bit more on a decent solicitor than some of these cheap-as-chips no-win-no-fee type wasters.

suprawoman if i can be any help at all feel free to give me a bell

Thank u Lovatt..

I actually need to submit to my case an estimate form independent body shop, how much it would cost to put it right.

I only managed to find 1 who will come to look at the car and give free estimate. But I need 2 at least to submit to my court case. Im not sure what that garage is but it was local, the others wanted to charge me abt £150 + VAT and I got no money for that.

I would appreciate of course someone who knows Supras and give me a professional estimate to sort this mess out.

If its something u are able and ok to do, please pm me.

Thanks a lot anyway, really appreciated.

My god, that is so painful to see and it's not even my car! Really feel for ya!

Agree with the other guys here - seek legal advice. But bear in mind it is DEFINITELY worth spending a bit more on a decent solicitor than some of these cheap-as-chips no-win-no-fee type wasters.

We using a proper one. My friend's husband has own business and one Law Company is looking after him. They appointed one specially for my case.

I don't think they'd be acting the same if they were dealing with a few hairy tattooed blokes, instead of a woman.

It's shameful that such people are allowed to trade.

The problem with legal proceedings is that they can drag for months on end, and they may have dissapeared without a trace in the meantime (i.e. no assets left to seize)

The Russian way is not ideal either, because you don't get the job done, nor do you get your money back. It's the credible *threat* of violence that brings results.

I'll deffo name those people once we done with them. As to get the job done - no way I'm going to let them come near my car again to finish ther job. They had all the time to do it and they had a chance. Now its a matter to get them out of business and get my money back together with compensation.

So far, anyone who seen my car, incl professionals - they ask, why those poeple took ALL the interior out including ceiling liner? Sounds like after all there was no need to take my car apart..

Really, I'm all fuming when I start thinking about it all..

Im off for a ride now on my bike

Sorry to hear this yulia, I remember seeing this at Sextons with Dude a few months back, it looked terrible then, I had no idea that you were getting them do fix it. Ge the solicitors as suggested, wait till it all gets sorted, then torch the place, Russian mafia style.

NO, its not Sextons - its local people near me..

Sextons instead - were very kind and nice to fix some of my problems that were caused by another mechanic I had problems with as well, as some of u know.

And Dude is a top guy, he really tried to sort my car out as much as he could. And Matt Harwood - they spent few hours sorting my car, not stopping till they finished.

Sextons - I recommend people to go and see them. I had only positive experience with them.