The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Couple of wheel questions

Daston

Hi guys

Should be getting some 17" UK spec alloys for my J-spec, first question is it just a straight swap? Second question what profile tyers do I need to keep the same overall size as my 16's? Also is 255's on the rear and 245 on the front out of the question????

Cheers

Guest KARacing

I think all Supra (UK, JDM or US spec) have the same size of stock alloy wheels. For the 17", the front is 17X8 and rear is 17X9.5. The stock size of tires which is 235 in front and 255 in the back. For maximum/tyre widths, I would say 245 in the front and 275 in the back. Hope this helps

Not sure - my UK car has standard alloys on and is wearing 235/45/17s all round at the moment. One of the hexperts on here will know maximum/recommended tyre widths. What size were you running on 16s?
If these are standard alloys, 235 are too narrow at the back. Unfortunately some of the information already give is incorrect.

If these are standard alloys, 235 are too narrow at the back. Unfortunately some of the information already give is incorrect.

I know - looks like whoever fitted these couldn't afford 255s! Pity really as they're quite new - will have to wear them out as fast as possible!!! - The rear alloys are 9.5 too.

Hi guys

Should be getting some 17" UK spec alloys for my J-spec, first question is it just a straight swap? Second question what profile tyers do I need to keep the same overall size as my 16's? Also is 255's on the rear and 245 on the front out of the question????

Cheers

Just to be clear (as some wrong information is posted above):

17's are a straight swap, there is no difference between UK and Jap spec Pre-factelift 17in wheels.

The standard tyre sizes for the stock wheels are 225/45/17 Front and 255/40/17 Rear.

Some people fit 235/45/17 or even 245/45/17 on the front and 265/40/17 or 275/40/17 at the rear. I've tried most but I think the Toyota recommended sizes give it a slightly more positive feel when cornering.

Guest KARacing
Just to be clear (as some wrong information is posted above):

17's are a straight swap, there is no difference between UK and Jap spec Pre-factelift 17in wheels.

The standard tyre sizes for the stock wheels are 225/45/17 Front and 255/40/17 Rear.

Some people fit 235/45/17 or even 245/45/17 on the front and 265/40/17 or 275/40/17 at the rear. I've tried most but I think the Toyota recommended sizes give it a slightly more positive feel when cornering.

Homer,

The standard tyre sizes for stock 17" wheels are 235/45/17 front, not 225/45/17, maybe UK spec is 225 but J-spec is 235 for sure.

my UK car has standard alloys on and is wearing 235/45/17s all round at the moment.
:alarmbells:

Dude, you need to change those rear tyres ASAFP. Having tyres that are narrower than the stock size could see you in big trouble with your insurance company in the event of a claim. You wouldn't want them to refuse payout because you were running undersized tyres, would you?