The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone know about Renault 5 models?

tbourner

1988 Renault 5 campus.

1108 engine B401 chassis.

Can't find a distributor for it anywhere - most places say it's a Ducellier dstributor but that one has seperate points and a geared type auto-advance mechanism.

My one has a one piece points set-up and a rod/diaphragm auto-advance type.

Basically I managed to snap the auto-advance rod whilst changing the points and condensor, and now it pinks on engine load in 3rd or 4th. The timing needs doing properly as I kind of guessed it by eye but I wanted to change the rod bit first.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

• 1 month later...

Hope this might help...had a look in the haynes manual.

Marelli and Femsa distirbutors are fitted to certain later engines in the R5 range.The ignition timing settings are the same as the Ducellier settings. On later spec engines (year not stated) a modified transistor assistance unit is fitted which has only one wiring socket. the diagnostic sokcet is no longer incorporated.

Your picture is that of the 'Conventional ignition distributor'.

You have the 'Contact breaker points adjusting nut (on threaded bit).

The two base plate retaining screws (either side of the contact breaker point)

you have a fixed contact retaining screw underneath the adjustment rod and spring.

basically your dizzy system comprises of a coil and dizzy with contact breaker points and condenser (same system as the 956cc models.

rotor arm rotation is clockwise

firing order is 1-3-4-2 (number 1 cylinder nearest the flywheel)

contact breaker points gap is 0.4mm

dwell angle is 57 degrees +/- 3 degrees

dwell percentage is 63% +/- 3%

best people to contact mate is http://www.eurocarparts.com/default.asp

click on 'Parts' and follow the options to locate your model and then it should tell you.

if in doubt you can call them and give them your cars reg. number and they'll tell you what model dizzy it is.

i hope this is of help to you mate...sorry about the waffle....:blush:

I just had a quick look for your model....it says to email them for details....they do repsond or you can call them easily enough and ask on the phone...

also try these

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

click on 'online shop' select renault and then 5 in vehicle make then select 'Ignition' in the category drop down menu....it lists part numbers and your cars engine is listed......

Hope this helps you even more mate.

Nice GT Turbo mate....looks minty mint. Standard on the outside too.;)

My little R5 Campus is getting me about nicely....albeit with a squeaky brake on the front right corner...even after new discs and pads....and caliper check...oh well.....it'll do till the Supe comes along. Very smooth and comfortable to drive though.:Popcorn:

Nice GT Turbo mate....looks minty mint. Standard on the outside too.;)

My little R5 Campus is getting me about nicely....albeit with a squeaky brake on the front right corner...even after new discs and pads....and caliper check...oh well.....it'll do till the Supe comes along. Very smooth and comfortable to drive though.:Popcorn:

Yea mate love the 5s,totally rebuilt this one,they great fun :thumbs:

Renault dealership wanted £84 for it!!!!! Bugger that!!!!!

I'm looking for one in a scrappy really but the part number is still required for them!!

I'll have a look tomorrow some time, it's a bit dirty and horrible I might need to take it out to get to the ID plate.