The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First mis-hap...anyone know where to get..

stew123

The front of my car used to look like this...however that was before running into a f*****g speed bump at the weekend ...This was obviously not the first time this had happened, as the whole bottom section of the spoiler is now in small pieces, having been cunningly glued back together with Carplan (or similar) the first time.

A while back I was told this was a Bomex front...anyone know where to get another one??? If so how much am I looking at?? If too expensive I guess its back to the Carplan option!

Cheers

Stew

P9050003.JPG

Ive got the same front end and have only just had it repaired. I caught a speed bump and it cracked either side, taking big chunks out with it. (It looked a bloody mess) It only cost me £100 to get fiberglassed and sprayed and its spot on. I was under the same impression that it was a Bomex front but Ive seen it named as part of the West kit somewhere else. I bet your looking at £400-500 for another one, and thats if you can find one!

Ive had my Supra since May and have been to the JAPS Show, JAE and TOTB, and I havn't seen the same front end on another Supe, so It may be hard to source another front, but don't quote me on that! :looney:

i got the same bumper on me gunmetal and have had it damaged by uneven road but it still mashed part of the bumper about 7-8" long in two places !!

trevor barwells in northampton took it off repaired it all inc other dents, scratches and respray all for £120 and the car looks sweet !!

much cheaper to go a bodyshop

you'll have to get a new front sticker number plate though like i did

bought from craigsplates.co.uk and but it at the top !!!

Cheers guys....I must admit I hadn't seen any others around with this particular front, looks like the mystery continues wrt who actually makes the damn thing though !

I reckon someone here will know exactly who that front ends from! Ive only been a member here for couple of weeks but im well impressed with everyones knowledge and how everyone tries to help.

Im hopefully gettin me first soop soon. I can't wait to learn more about em so i can help others :)

Anyway, good luck with it stew

Thanks for solving the mystery Nic!

I don't suppose you could get your hands on a new one over there could you?

Just interested in relative costs at the moment as I'll probably end up down the body shop this time...but it looks like you may have at least three prospective "clients" over here :tongue:

The condition of the roads and the proliferation of "speed reduction measures" means that there could well be a very healthy market in replacement nose cones of all shapes and sizes :D

Stew

Thanks for solving the mystery Nic!

I don't suppose you could get your hands on a new one over there could you?

Just interested in relative costs at the moment as I'll probably end up down the body shop this time...but it looks like you may have at least three prospective "clients" over here :tongue:

The condition of the roads and the proliferation of "speed reduction measures" means that there could well be a very healthy market in replacement nose cones of all shapes and sizes :D

Stew

Not cost effective shipping a single piece of this size from here.

Suggest you have a chat to Paul E/Miami GT or Gaz/Envy (see traders section) depending on your location, they're the best guys to talk to about getting a replacement. Good luck :thumbs: