The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help in where to buy from?

Guest ConradR

Hi guys,

Just checking out your club site and it looks great!

(Im a memebr of the Celica Club UK and defecting so no one say a word!!!)

Im moving up in the world from a Celica VVTI 190 to a Supra RZ :ecstatic:

I need help with recommedations of where to buy an import.

Thought one of you guys may have a good idea of where I should go.

Ive seen the Sup's on Newera Imports and they seem like a good bunch to buy from.....

Any help will be gratefully recieved...... :thanks:

Hi Conrad and :welcome:

Suggest you check out the classifieds section. I would also contact member Jurgen, he has imported cars for a lot of members and has a very good reputation on here, his contact details are [user=1689]HERE[/user].

You should also have a look at Whifbitz and Miami GT websites in Traders section as they both usually have cars for sale.

Hi Conrad and :welcome:

Suggest you check out the classifieds section. I would also contact member Jurgen, he has imported cars for a lot of members and has a very good reputation on here, his contact details are [user=1689]HERE[/user].

You should also have a look at Whifbitz and Miami GT websites in Traders section as they both usually have cars for sale.

Thanks dude, I'll send him a PM :D

Hi newbie here again

OK, so I know what model I want RZ :love:

Now, here I come to start world war three!!!

Which is better, Mannual or Auto?

I hear the autos have less problems with wear on the old gear box?

Or am I peeing into the wind here?? :giveup:

Conrad, check out the FAQ section, this should answer a lot of your general questions. Or do a search as these subjects come up a lot, so you'll find a lot of threads devoted to the subject of which is better auto or manual.

You really need to drive both and make your own mind up. The Getrag 6spd box is very strong (although some find it a little industrial) if you are going for big power the clutch becomes the weakest link. The auto box is very good also and autos tend to be slightly cheaper and easier to find. Nothing in it really just comes down to personal preference.

Guest KARacing
Hi newbie here again

OK, so I know what model I want RZ :love:

Now, here I come to start world war three!!!

Which is better, Mannual or Auto?

I hear the autos have less problems with wear on the old gear box?

Or am I peeing into the wind here?? :giveup:

Hi Conrad,

:welcome: to here.

I have both model (manual and auto) and I think both are good. Manual is more fun to drive and auto is comfortable in traffic, but if you are planning to go single turbo in one day, then choose manual because it will cost you less for modification budget. :)

Cheers

Hi,

Glad to hear you are looking to up grade to a Sup....manual always wins in my book.

You might want to give Knight Racer a call they do Jap imports and usually if they find your exact car can be done in as little as 6 weeks depending on Import stuff. Tell Jo to give you a good price or you will send Sam and Greg round usually gets a good responce.....

Good luck on your quest.....

Guest KARacing
Its gonna have to be mannual then if I go for a 95+

Well if you say the mannual is more fun to drive then , mannual it will be!

Its all about the fun! :littled:

:thumbs:

Another one drawn to the dark side then! :D

Hello matey - Rob256 here :) Tim's also on the board as TimH, iirc.

Welcome aboard :)

ROB!!!! me old mate and Timmmmmaaaaaiiiii too!!!!

Good to hear from you mate!!! :ecstatic:

as for the auto/manual thing, i think it all ocmes down to the driver, i have had both an yes there both good boxes but i moved from the auto to the manual and im just sooo much more happier with the manual (sorry auto owners :scare: )

oh dont get me wrong, i wanted a mannual, just heard if you start to go big on power, the auto handles it better........

I was told the mannual gear box can be abit clunky, but I prefer a gear that like to be slammed in, not wrapped up in cotten wool!!!!

Conrad, post details/pics of any Supras you're interested in, as we may be able to help with advice (value, condition, mods, etc.)

Cheers Nic I really appreciate the help mate!

:thumbs:

Welcome m8, I just swaped my VVTI 190 for a 93 TT Supra, tryed to sell it for £7,500 with 60000miles on the clock and nothing! :ecstatic: just couldnt shift it, I tryed everything!

U will defo be more happier with a soop! :D

You have to see my Celi.........

Trust me, its sick! Any 'Lax Power' readers would wee thier pants when I opened the boot, my boot install is a sight to behold........

:D

Sorry didnt mean to sound cocky.......