The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sprayed my headlighgts

BURT

well after seeing a few of you guys with black headlights thought i,d have a go myself, and to my suprise it was quite easy.

took a few hours to complete the whole process but the finished article looks the nutts esp with the carbon bonnet!

so if ya not sure on doing it yourself, have a go its easy :lol:

000_0063.JPG

ok, you need , heat gun( one used for stripping paint) and a card board box approx' 2-3ft wide x 3-4ft long and about 1ft deep.

take the metal clips off the headlight and place on tne floor, next to that put the heat gun ( do not point the heat gun directly to the light) turn the gun on and put the box over the top of them, leave them for about 15mins,

the light will become very very hot once at the right temp use a thick blade or flat screwdriver to leaver them apart,

once you have done what you want to the light reverse the process to re-heat the black seal and push them back together. then replace the clips that you removed , hey presto!! jobs a good'n' :clap:

I think that looks well good...I also think a red, yellow or Green car would look cool with colour coded lights too.

I suggested this to Matt H coz his yellow Supra would look wicked with yellow light frames..but he told me i was :limp:

If you look at the Corvette C6's they do that kind of thing as standard and Ferrari's I think...looks well good in my opinion..and I should know coz I'm Mr Tasteful :D :thanku:

nice job mate!!!. let me get this right you covered the heat gun and the lights totaly, is so didnt the heat gun get too hot???

tt steve.

no matey don,t put the heat gun pointing directly at the head light, the gun is designed to get hot so its nothing to worry about :scare:

I could have a go, but I dont have a heat gun, a box, any sense about these sort of things or the time!!

Wouldnt have a clue about price either. So not much help there at all Burt!! Sorry mate....

Might try and speak to Silvermachine (aka Gaz). He lives round the corner from me and might fancy giving this a try!

Nick