The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oddly aligned bonnet

RedM

When I first got my car every panel was just about perfect. However, I have now noticed that there is a marginally wider gap along the right of the bonnet (when looking at the front) than on the left!

They do seem very flexible. I've looked and looked and cannot see anything bent. All I can put it down to is that the car had some work done on the alarm and at that time a new switch was fitted at the front on that side. It seems a little stiff although I can't see how it would affect the bonnet in that way. It seems more like the bonnet isn't wide enough rather than it's not closing properly. If that makes sense.

Could it be due to the bonnet being up for a long time and bending under its own weight?

:shrug: