The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black Alloy Wheel Pictures?

JamesG

Shouldn't you be getting rid of those j-spec brakes firstly? lol :p

I think you could get a professional finish yourself, so long as you took the time to prep them properly first, it's only paint after all!

Rather than black, how about a metallic dark grey - a gun metal or anthracite type colour, might work well - just a thought.

Shouldn't you be getting rid of those j-spec brakes firstly? lol :p

I think you could get a professional finish yourself, so long as you took the time to prep them properly first, it's only paint after all!

Rather than black, how about a metallic dark grey - a gun metal or anthracite type colour, might work well - just a thought.

Would do but UK brakes won't fit under my wheels :(

Might try an anthracite colour. Has to be matt I think. I like Monkey's wheels but not the gloss finish.

By the way, the polished bit of my alloys was absolutely black and corroded and I assumed they were fit for the bin - but I had a go at them with a scourer and a tub of "barkeepers friend". After polishing with some Autosol, they've come up a million times better :)

Yeah I agree, matt probably would work better than gloss. I've seen matt anthracite 5 spokes before and they look ok :)

It's amazing what you can do with some elbow grease. I thought my wheels were "blingy" but then I used some autosol on the dish part which was a bit duller than the spokes and it's come up like a mirror :D

• 10 months later...
Trying to figure out what black 18" wheels to get on my Supra.

Would be alot of help if you guys could upload some more pics of black wheels.

Theres only one choice matey :)

although i still dont believe i have any photos that do mine justice, just cant get good pics of them, need some proper sunlight and a good camera