The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Swap (opinions please)

Marty

Ok, so ive got my beloved supra for sale on ebay at the moment :( :(

Supra on Ebay

Ive just had a fella email me about a swap plus £, 300zx with a few mods.

300zx on Ebay

Ive had a 300zx before so know the ins and outs of them.

Whats everyones opinion on this???? im tempted but would want at least £2.5-£3k aswel. altho they are lovely cars, and this one is modded (but as everyone knows, you never get back the money you pay on mods), i dont think this is worth much more that 5k-5.5k, especially with it being an import and auto ( the most common). Its never gonna hold it value like the supe i dont think.

Decisions decisions. :who: :who:

Spoiler would have to go tho .....

because i think people are (wrongly) put off by higher mileage cars, mine has done 120k, but has a full toyota service history (not 90%tsh like i thought).

Supra engines are bomb proof providing it has a good SH, its only just run in at 120k miles :).

I do mention it has a full service history on the ad.

If anyone wants to know anymore all they have to do is email or ring me :rolleyes: .

i think 300zx's are lovely looking cars, although, not many around now in decent condition

They had one 300ZX called the Fairlady - says it all to me!!

You have your car for sale on the autotrader too dont u mate?

I'll be honest, the 300zx (i Had) was alot nicer car to drive than the supra. more... erm... smoother, comfortable, etc. Althought id rather the supra to the 300zx, just because its more of an animal, a proper sportscar, not a 'grandtourer' like the zx is called.

The 'fairlady' was the import yes.

So if the Ferrari Enzo was called a 'Ferrari fairlady' you wouldnt have one??!!!! it isnt all about the name :p

opinions on the car itself pls ...

Was only joking, chill!! :giveup:

And no I don't have a car for sale anywhere! :shrug:

Car in the ad looks pretty smart - you'd need a few quid plus that car for yours though - plus surely insurance, with all the mods, on the 300ZX will be quite substantial, would you not think?

I'd be dubious in the least about the power claim for the car. theres no mention of bigger injectors and no mention of a replacement intercooler where he does mention all the other stuff. Hybrids and an exhaust/induction kit will not achieve that sort of power figure. Don't get me wrong it'll be a fair few HP above standard just not the 400-500 he is reckoning on. Another thing speaking to some Z owners that engine isn't as reliable as the newer developed 2JZ is and won't take that sort of power without some internal work. If its cash release and still a fast car you are after then yeah I'd say go for it but don't expect it to be brilliant.

Up to you but I dont like the nissan much, espically the inside. Looks very 80's.

Retrim or decent seats would fix it up OK

As said above, cash release then great but otherwise I think you'd be as well doing the timewarp back to the 80s.

I still like the ZX but look at that photo, that's old styling now and not in the classic sense, it would pain me to go from a Supra to that, if anything I'd rather have a MK3 Supra.

Just in my humble opinion of course ;)

Unless he's offering £4,000+ cash there is no chance you're on to a good deal there. Import auto 300's can be picked up for 2 or 3 k now, this car isn't special enough to make it worth much more than an normal un-abused one.

The 300's are an okay car if you accept the old styling, but the engines are in a different (lower) league to the 2JZ. It'd need some major work to reliably achieve the figures claimed, improved bottom end and a lot of fuelling changes - especially as it has a NOS system fitted.

If you're after a cheap and quick run around then just buy an old Scooby, they're more reliable and much, MUCH cheaper to run and modify than a 300

Did you know that when toyota first released the mkiv supra at the tokyo motor show in 1992, mr nissan, who had been working on the new 300zx took one look at the new mkiv supra and said 'holry fruck', and so the 300zx went back to the drawing board. Imagine how shite it would have been if they didnt get a glimpse of the new supra!?!

Did you know that when toyota first released the mkiv supra at the tokyo motor show in 1992, mr nissan, who had been working on the new 300zx took one look at the new mkiv supra and said 'holry fruck', and so the 300zx went back to the drawing board. Imagine how shite it would have been if they didnt get a glimpse of the new supra!?!

I thought it was the other way round? When Nissan brought out the 300 Toyota redesigned the Supra :conf:

Although that might be complete bollox that I dreamt :D

I thought it was the other way round? When Nissan brought out the 300 Toyota redesigned the Supra

Thats right - the MKIV was due to come out around the same time as the 300ZX and Mr Toyota saw the 300ZX and they went back to the drawing board. Hence its release in 93.

300zx ran from '89 through to 2000 in japan. '89 - '94 in the uk.

I'd be very careful regarding that z in the ebay advert, nowhere

in his ad does he mention forged internals etc... yet he claims it's

running 500bhp @ 18psi !! Anything over 13-14 psi and things

start melting!

He also claims to have a colour match? (pearl white) Whats all that about, i

guess he knows the paint code!

I used to have a pearlescent yellow 300zx, there isn't a chance in hell

of getting a proper match......ever!