The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ganador mirrors?

Supragal

anyone got any pics of them fitted? they look really weird on mine just can't work out if it's coz theres no windows in it, they seem to sit up really high and look like they should join the car on something other than the door but they don't?! :conf:

Rosie, I know exactly what you mean as I have a set - Thats how they are! The Pillar side of the mirror mount has a foam strip....It doesn't sit flush! I'm trying to get hold of foam strips to put another layer so it's flush.

They fit straight on using the existing mirror holes, you cannot do any alignment or fit them wrong I guess.

I was dissapointed with the quality of the mount piece :(

I'll try and take a pic or two tomorrow.

Ro

I was wondering where they got to as well...real nice couple (Loved their Supra)

Those mirrors look well nice Rosie...I wouldn't mind a set of them..

Si

:cool:

He's still about and still has his-n-hers supras, and is doing fine :) He had a minor to-do with someone on the forum many moons ago and lost interest. I'm trying to persuade him to come back on :stickpoke

He's a top bloke, swapped my rear wheel bearing just before TOTB and put up with my luck transferance when the bearing kit came with entirely the wrong outer dust seal...

-Ian

Thanks guys, supRo, glad you know what I mean, the foam bit looks weird, is it meant to sit against the glass or something? UNtil my windows are in it's difficult to tell. They are on their solidly no doubt about that, they just look.... odd!!!!

Rosie, without the glass it will definitely look weird, as it does when the door is open! It does look like it's sticking out and looks odd!

But when the door is shut, and you have your window in, rest assured it looks nice! Apart from the little gap where the foam strip is but most people won't notice that.

Ro.

if you get a chance to take some photos close up of different angles/ door open/window open etc etc that would be really helpful, the gap looks way too big and I can't picture it with the glass in. dont worry if its too much hassle though.

Won't be able to do it this week as the car is in for repair after my local TOYOTA garage smashed the sideskirt! :(

Getting it back saturday so I'll take pictures then.

I have a 1.0L Yaris courtesy car :( .....about £5 petrol for 70 miles though :)

So why do only supRo and I think they look weird and don't fit?!?!

lol, Gaz @ Envy also confirmed the foam gapping issue on their supra. With the door closed the space is about

Rosie, the original supra mirror has a small mount which then sticks out of the door but the ganador has big mounts that go above the door!! This covers the the bottom corner of the side windows. That's how they are but don't worry it'll look all ok when the glass is in and the door is closed!

You can see the big differences in this picture.....The Ganador mounts stick out above the door!!! So that's why they look weird if you have the door open or window out.....:) But don't worry, when your cars all finished they will definitely look superb on your car Rosie :)

supmirror.JPG