The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Today's the Day!!

ellis

Happy Birthday Ellis, and what a great present!

As everyone else is saying, do be careful and don't rely on the TC. It's called "SLIP" control for a reason... :scare:

Had to negotiate a drift this morning with concrete barriers on either side... OMG. steering whilst looking out the side window will give you a heart attack. Oh, do some facial excercises now, or you'll have a grin cramp all the way home!

B

Of what a day . . . pick up the UK TT from DBR today and to top it all, it's me bloomin' birthday too!! What a present to myself! Me, the Supe and 100 miles of A1 to get to know her intimately!! Life does not, I repeat, does not get any better than this! :ecstatic:

It could get better, Martine McCutcheon could be trying to hitch a lift on the A1, standing there in the soaking rain, all wet through, with her dark eyes twinkling and a dress that's just slightly transparent...

...and she's holding a big bacon and egg roll.

how was the drive ellis, more to the point hows my baby :cry: (ok so its urs, i might as well face the truth :scare: )

did u find ur way to the north circ ok.......... ;)

hope to see u AND the suup soon?

happy driving.........

oh and forgot..... hope you found martine n ur way back :tongue:

Hi guys, hi Dan, found my way back no problem at all thanks! Nice steady drive back, the roads were horrendous, absolutely foul driving conditions. Traction control was on but it did try to break loose exiting one roundabout, backed right off then and stayed well under the legal limit, roads greasey and foul. Not as clean as when I picked it up unfortunately but she will get a good clean and polish this weekend - what shampoo and polish did you use Dan (others can contribute here if they have particular recommendations!!).

I could feel the power in small doses (straight bit, damp sections) and boy, absolutely visceral :omg: (I like that word, sums the TT up well I think!).

Am overjoyed with the car, its a fine tribute to Dan who has loved and cherished it since he got it. If he looks after his new silver baby as well as this one then it will be one well pampered car - have fun with it!

Pics to follow in its new homes when she's clean and polished!!

Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your new purchase :D

Seen your suup in the flesh when Dan drove it up to buy my Silver manual - gotta say you've got a real good one there mate..

Rash.

if it is stock traction control then it won't help much , from experience I can tell you just don't be too excited.

enjoy it , take it easy.

China

Its not as bad on the UK cars, not great but its not as bad as you make out.

Happy to hear you got it back ok Ellis, now start enjoying it :)