The mkiv Supra Owners Club

greddy exhaust fitting probs

stylieee

i just recieved the greddy TR evo2 exhaust that i bought off Dale, and i having a couple of problems fitting it.... hoping for some advice...

1. the rear hanger on the backbox doesnt seem to be directly compatible with the stock one (ie. it has a bracket that goes up and back down to the box with a hole in the middle at the top, rather that the rubber band arrangement that the stock one has).

what do i need to do to fit this?

and...

2. the centre section has "quick release" flanges on either end (ie. no bolts), so how the hell is it kept in place when there isnt even a hanger for it that i can see?

any answers would be really usefull. ive got untill 8 tonight to get it sorted as i have to drive to work in it then :(

cheers,

Matt.

Dude, as far as I know thats aint as supra exhaust mount ive ever seen... but there again... i havnt seen them all!

Its exactly like my uk zorst mount which this exhaust came off and my new Veilside is mounted too. What you will need Matt is a rubber mounting bolt from an exhaust center (about £2) which was perished when I took it off so didnt supply it.

Matt,

Once the center section is joined the the back box the two supporting points are ... the box itself (as your piccie shows) and the arm which is about half way down the pipe (again standard support). the next section (v band joint and would normally be the second cat) bolts up to either the first cat or decat pipe (whichever you have) ... or you can use the small exhaust section which is flanged to bolt direct to you turbo. :clap:

thanks Dale, when you say rubber mounting bolt, do you mean a bolt that the 2 origional rubber band things mount onto, or do you mean one of those rubber bush like things (rubber bit in the middle with 2 threads coming out of it to attach nuts to)? if it the second, then does that just replace the stock rubber pad thats in the middle of the hanger?

cheers,

Matt.

ps. i take it the arm from the long section does go to the passenger side mount!?