The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bhp estimate

RobSupra

hi everyone,

Ive got a 94 supra n/a jap spec and i took it to a rwyb day a few months back which was also doing 0-60 times

After a few runs i got my 0-60 to 5.09 seconds in damp conditions

My question is have any of you had similar 0-60 figures and what bhp are you running to achieve that?

The reason i ask is that ive had 2 rolling road runs on the car one when i first had her at 238bhp and another recently which showed 292bhp???

Obviously this is a big difference and from what i have read the latter of the 2 figures is hard to achieve on a n/a so i wondered if anyone had any similar times and what power they run to give me a rough idea of where i stand bhp wiise.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

The flywheel figure is normally around the 220bhp mark for a standard car. I presume the rolling road figures you quoted are calculated flywheel ones? You're better off posting the rear wheel HP figure, since this is 'measured'. Unless the rolling road is cack RWHP will give an accurate figure of the 'real' power of the car, and therefore be more comparable to other owners here.

5 secs.....tell me how in ur NA and ill keep mine. 6.4 for stock NA by way

CJ - to be fair your 6 secs is impressive.....espically is its most likely all wheel spinning!! lol :D

The way the bloody thing was spinning that day it was more like 16 seconds :D

5 seconds is much better than I achieved at Bovingdon :cry:

Well my tyre didnt survive long enough for me to get a timed run, but the surface was terrible and my apexi RSM usually measures 0-60 in 4.7 on regular roads, but was measuring 5.7s 0-60 on the vile bovingdon surface uphill... :ecstatic:

Hi guys not mean to sound totaly stupid (ok you got me I am) Why is 296bhp not/ very hard to acheve in a NA Soop? I mean there are some cars out there with a stright 6 that pump out 500+ ok so sum of them have 4-5 liter engines but surly that cant make that much of a difference?

Please shoot me if I am being stupid

160 does an n/a go that fast???? lol

yeh that reading likely as its top speed is 154mph and your speedo will be out slightly, so seems your tranny system stock. What i think is fair is you find a TT in north wales and give it a blast with another NA and vid the results :D

You have aftermarket exhaust etc.... anything else u know of?

5 sec 0-60 does seem quite unrealistic for an NA. Unless you have serious mods done then you're unlikely to have more than 240bhp at the fly. Thats almost 200bhp less than I have, but yet I can only get 5.6s on a public road. I've yet to try it on a prepped track but highly doubt I can get a 5 sec result.

That said, on a super-slippy surface like that at Bovingdon, I was constantly equal with Trig (NA 5spd) until 60+ mph. I think this was mainly because he was getting the power down and I wasn't...

Do you have a manual or auto transmission?

Hi guys not mean to sound totaly stupid (ok you got me I am) Why is 296bhp not/ very hard to acheve in a NA Soop? I mean there are some cars out there with a stright 6 that pump out 500+ ok so sum of them have 4-5 liter engines but surly that cant make that much of a difference?

Please shoot me if I am being stupid

Take the number of bhp and divide it by the litres for any NA engine you care to consider. You'll probably find that 70 to 80 bhp per litre is the norm for a low-tech engine. 80 to 100 for a high tech engine and higher for an oddball like the VTEC in the Honda S2000.

No way a 2JZ GE could produce nearly 300 bhp.