The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash Lights...

edd_t

Sorry for this not being in the technical area, but I havent signed up properly yet, will do it in the next few days...

Tonight was the first time I've driven the new Supe at night. And forgive me if this is a stupid question but then it could be one of them crazy Jap ideas like having the indicators on the right hand side of the steering column!

Ok, when I turn my sidelights/main beam on, all the dash lights apart from the clock and trip dull in colour! Not like a battery drain dull, its a definate change. Surly it should be the other way round, dull dash lights during the day, that come on much brighter when I turn the lights on???

Im having the speedo changed this weekend, so if its something you guys think is wrong, I'll have the dash lights looked at at the same time.

Cheers ppl :D

Perfectly normal, they are brighter during the day so easier to see, at night they don't need to be as bright, it also helps minimise reflections on the windscreen.

.... oh and it's the Jap cars that have the indicators on the correct side, as they are designed to be RHD, it is the Euro cars that are wrong, as they were designed to be LHD, then converted to be RHD :)

Perfectly normal, they are brighter during the day so easier to see, at night they don't need to be as bright, it also helps minimise reflections on the windscreen.

.... oh and it's the Jap cars that have the indicators on the correct side, as they are designed to be RHD, it is the Euro cars that are wrong, as they were designed to be LHD, then converted to be RHD :)

Exactly as Nic has said, and the indicators is because the car companies see it as too costly to develop a correct set of indicator controls!