The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forthcoming Group buy, G & B leather retrims.

RICHARDA

Good news for all you leather lovers, I have just got off the phone with Vincent at Gibson & Boyne trimming who informs me that another Group buy will be on its way soon. :)

I will not be oganizing this, Vincent just asked me to pass on the information to you all.

(mods, please move if in wrong place)

Ta

Rich

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone shed a light on what the last Group Buy consisted of:

Fronts only

Fronts and Rears

Fronts, Rears and Doorcards ?

Also what was the ballpark figure ? and how long were peeps without seats? - (or was it an exchange basis)

Thanks in advance - am very tempted, hopefully I can afford.

Mike

I second that ... well worth doing!!

They have a spare drivers seat that they fit to your car while they re-upholster you seats. So you don't need to lose the car for any time at all.

Quality is great too. I had my front seats done + piping + logos + pockets on the rear of the seats. Came to just over £500 I think ... but well worth it. Transforms the car. Some pics attached: -

Cheers, J :D

bn_DSC00095_JPG.jpg

bn_DSC00113_JPG.jpg

Supra1_1024x768_jpg.jpg

Fitting the seat covers is a bit of pain, I did it when my mum and I refurbed mine. The problem for me was having the right clips to put everything back together again, I ended up getting Matt to bastardise some metal washer things so I could crimp them back on the frame. (The covers all have metal rods going through them that attach to the frame of the seat using thick copper type wire).

Back seat wasn't too bad, neither was the passenger seat, but I really struggled getting the cover off the drivers seat, to the extent I got someone else to do it as I didn't want to break anything!!!!

thanks nic and to answer your question yes you can get seat covers but the problem is you will not get the re bosltered seats but can do these for you if you like

Hi Wayne, can you pm me prices for the seat covers and bolsters, either all black leather or black leather/alcanta with silver piping and supra logo on headrest.

I second that ... well worth doing!!

They have a spare drivers seat that they fit to your car while they re-upholster you seats. So you don't need to lose the car for any time at all.

Quality is great too. I had my front seats done + piping + logos + pockets on the rear of the seats. Came to just over £500 I think ... but well worth it. Transforms the car. Some pics attached: -

Cheers, J :D

God damn those seats are nice! :respekt:

They are based at Eastleigh (not far from Southampton) and do a superb job at reasonable prices. I have to speak to Vince later and may help out in the organising of the GB as trying to get them over the net or via phone can be problematic.

I sometimes wonder why I bother :cry:

RED!!!!

He he he.

As their first transformation job on both the backs and the fronts I can more than reccomend them. Anyone that has ever seen the re-trim they did in either my red or my black car will attest to how good it is. Costs are more than reasonable only problem is that they are overly accomodating and can do serious amounts of piping and Logo's at no extra hassle so the bill could be a lot higher than you originally intended heh heh.

Funny, I only phoned them on Saturday.

What sort of price was the last group buy, someone mention £500 for the fronts?

The price they qouted me was non group buy so I'd expect this to drop.

For info, has the work they done on the previous one lasted well?

Paul