The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommended Turbo Boost Controllers

Supra-Dupra

Im the "Irish chap" that bought SupraRito's TT and i love it, even on these bump n grind Irish Roads, just say hello to all this is my first post !

Can you guy's recommended a good Turbo Boost Controller, not overly expensive ?

Also have bought a Decat pipe, need assistance on fitting, whats the story with the sensor is it vital or can i just tie it up ??

The cat temp sensor? Yeah, just tie it up out of the way.

I use a GReddy PRofec e-01 boost controller. It's very good but cost about £290 new. There's a used one on eBay at the moment though

i've been recommended one of these too, whats the main differences between that and say a Greedy Profect B 2 and are they really required for a BPU car ? do you need to buy anything else i.e. sensors or do they all come as part of the package ?

whats the main differences between that and say a Greedy Profect B 2
I don't know. Do a search on the net, I'm sure it's easy to find out.

and are they really required for a BPU car ?
No.

do you need to buy anything else i.e. sensors or do they all come as part of the package ?
My E-01 came with everyting required.

Where did you put it?
It's quite a large screen. This is a good thing in some ways but makes it difficult to locate. I've got mine above the stereo but it obscures the heater controls. So I've used the hinged bracket that was supplied with it and I just flip it down to access the heater controls.

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8631/profece010017nn.th.jpghttp://img391.imageshack.us/img391/998/profece010020es.th.jpg

What puts me off the E-01 is that it uses the USB port on the E-Manage. if you tune via laptop you can't have the laptop and the E-01 plugged in at the same time. If the E-01 controls your boost then you can't map the E-Manage via a laptop above wastegate-controlled boost levels as the boost controller is now unplugged! :blink: Pants.

Actually, writing that makes me think "hmmm, why would it work without an E-Manage then?" Surely there is a seperate power supply to the E-01 and it'll still control the boost? Just that the one I looked at, it stopped controlling the boost when I unplugged it from the E-Manage. Hmmm.

-Ian

whoaaa lot of info ;) !! thanks guy's ! One more Q ! Shall i cut the head off the sensor, and used it to plug the hole in the downpipe !

Or maybe just extend the cables down and leave it plugged in, as the decat pipe has the socket for it but its located at the other end of the pipe than the original ? Best to leave it in i suspect but advice would be nice !! :) :help:

What puts me off the E-01 is that it uses the USB port on the E-Manage. if you tune via laptop you can't have the laptop and the E-01 plugged in at the same time. If the E-01 controls your boost then you can't map the E-Manage via a laptop above wastegate-controlled boost levels as the boost controller is now unplugged! :blink: Pants.

Actually, writing that makes me think "hmmm, why would it work without an E-Manage then?" Surely there is a seperate power supply to the E-01 and it'll still control the boost? Just that the one I looked at, it stopped controlling the boost when I unplugged it from the E-Manage. Hmmm.

-Ian

Ian, can you not just fit a 2 usb splitter so you can fit 2 into 1?

whoaaa lot of info ;) !! thanks guy's ! One more Q ! Shall i cut the head off the sensor, and used it to plug the hole in the downpipe !

Or maybe just extend the cables down and leave it plugged in, as the decat pipe has the socket for it but its located at the other end of the pipe than the original ? Best to leave it in i suspect but advice would be nice !! :) :help:

That hole in the de-cat pipe is for an o2 sensor no doubt, like a wideband o2 sensor for tuning. It's not for the temp sensor, that's purely to protect the cats from overheating, no cats = no worries, just tie it out of the way as the others have said! Use the bung in the de-cat pipe until you get an o2 sensor for it...