The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Long term Flash Car Wash kit

Todd

Well after several weeks of using this kit I got a bit of a shock with it today!

I've always liked the kit and got what I took to be good results...a spot free black Supra :thumbs:

Went out today to polish the car and did the usual wash and chammy first then slapped a coat of the old autogylm on and this is where the surprise kicked in..

The dirt that came off the car when applying the polish was amazing, it was almost like the car had never been washed :Pling: used a white rag and there was loads of brown gunk that came of the car.

Now been washing and polishing for years, was even the first job I had when I left school and never seen something like this before, reckon I'll jack the gadet in and go back to the good old bucket of hot water.:cool:

Anyone else used it long term?

Todd,

Are these pictures the AutoGlym or the Flash System. If AutoGlym is this just the shampoo or have you used the Super Resin Polish or the Deep Shine too.

Looks Amazing results. :thumbs:

I washed mine today with just the shampoo, then rinsed with a hose, before I got to blade it and Chamois it the water was spotting and drying leaving those damn rings everywhere. I was wondering whether the Flash thing would be any good. Not sure what the best option is.

Maybe I'll go for a respray in a colour easier to keep clean, MSB? :tongue:

Todd,

Are these pictures the AutoGlym or the Flash System. If AutoGlym is this just the shampoo or have you used the Super Resin Polish or the Deep Shine too.

Looks Amazing results. :thumbs:

I washed mine today with just the shampoo, then rinsed with a hose, before I got to blade it and Chamois it the water was spotting and drying leaving those damn rings everywhere. I was wondering whether the Flash thing would be any good. Not sure what the best option is.

Maybe I'll go for a respray in a colour easier to keep clean, MSB? :tongue:

iv just been at my mates and used the flash thing and same thing happened when i dried it a white cloth turned black. they are good for one thing though.... the bin. i agree with the hot water and auto glym :thumbs:

Todd,

Just plain old super resin and the prof finish. Keep trying all these new polishes and always end up back with the autoglym :D

Got mine from Costco, used it once thought it was shite (left water marks) so ended up getting my money back from Costco.

You have got a years moneyback guarantee with these but you have to send it 'secure delivery' somewhere. Worth doing rather than binning it?

I sent them an e-mail saying that I wasn't happy with the results on the feedback bit on their website, w*ankers don't bother replying.

I suppose they know they don't clean properly but they'll just ride it until people stop buying them and then it'll be withdrawn.

Paul

Mine works fine.

Do you guys use their shampoo, then the water from their cartridges? If not, it will be shite probably.

No streaks here. You can see the water beads running off the paint, sort of like Rainex - it works fine.

You do know that the original cartridges are only good for 3 rinses, right?

Mine works fine.

Do you guys use their shampoo, then the water from their cartridges? If not, it will be shite probably.

No streaks here. You can see the water beads running off the paint, sort of like Rainex - it works fine.

Yup, followed instructions to the letter and used over the past 3 months, cartridge has been changed about 3 times now.

I have no issue with it and the lack of streaks, that works but as far as I am concerned the car is not actually getting "cleaned" :(

Mine works fine.

Yep, used the shampoo, had the three use ones with it plus bonus pack of ten washes/rinses..................still shite imho :thumbs:

Paul

John, the one thing I did notice when I used it was no real lather from the soap when you put it on the car. It nade me wonder if it was cleaning the crap off or just priming the paintwork for the final rinse?

Another point is when I used the sponge with their soap on the wheels, these were not over dirty but the sponge became black with muck despite being soaked in the soap solution, not a problem with normal shampoo as a quick rinse and the dirt comes off the sponge. With the Flash thing though the sponge wouldn't clean up, leads me to believe that the soap is crap at breaking down dirt?

Paul

Well I do see some dirt on the sponge, roughly what I'd expect for the condition of the car.

It's still possible that the 'breakdown' abilities of this shampoo have been compromised due to this 'polymer' additive that is needed for the next stage.

I'm not a good tester, since I rarely ever wash the car, so my experience is limited.

For the wheels I use 'wonder wheels', it does wonders lol....