The mkiv Supra Owners Club

power increases andwhat to expect

Irvy

after some reading...well most of today actually- i am trying to find out how to increase power but at a cost relative to bhp

ie what sort of route would you take if you were on a budget with an already BPU car

my thoughts were

1. hybrids, emanage/profec/safc etc, fse

2. fmic, 650 injectors, fse emanage/profec/safc on standard turbos

3...what other combinations are there?

and is there anything else to consider with points 1 and 2?

thanx for any input

Irvine

hi nic

so far i have induction, boost gauge, wlbro pump, fcd, full decat, nur spec and tho they dont do anything for "go faster" performance - brakes from yourself in the post! :D

..and a BOV ;)

edited - i also purchased cooler plugs in anticipation - presently have the platinum type in

hi nic

so far i have induction, boost gauge, wlbro pump, fcd, full decat, nur spec and tho they dont do anything for "go faster" performance - brakes from yourself in the post! :D

..and a BOV ;)

Sorry should have also asked what boost you are running and what sort of power increase are you looing for?

at present i am on approx .9 with the CW pipes....good for 1.2

if it were the hybrid route...i would expect 1.4 at least (just gotta find some cheap hybrids) :thumbs:

power wise...i aint greedy...presently running about 350....anything 400 or more would make me smile

at present i am on approx .9 with the CW pipes....good for 1.2

if it were the hybrid route...i would expect 1.4 at least (just gotta find some cheap hybrids) :thumbs:

power wise...i aint greedy...presently running about 350....anything 400 or more would make me smile

I would look at the supporting mods before deciding whether to fit hybrid turbos or not.

Personally I would first fit a more efficient intercooler, either a front mounted or one of Chris' side mounted IC's. I would then fit 550cc injectors in the stock fuel rail and an emanage ultimate. Get the car properly mapped to run at say 1.25bar (you may also want to fit a boost controller and if you want a bit more mid-top end power then a set of in256/ex264 cams.) This would be similar to my current set up and should give you around 400-430hp at the flywheel.

Only once I had these supporting mods fitted would I consider fitting hybrids.

hi paul

thanx for that

looking at your list and what i am attempting to buy (2nd hand where possible) I will be at your level 4 :sly: very soon - think i have decided on my needs and am awaiting prices...will get back to you if you are less expensive ;)

i am watching ebay for used items mainly tho