The mkiv Supra Owners Club

U.K. N/A confusion

Guest saahild

i am really confused because insurance companies have a Supra FI which is an NA manual and is from 1989 to 2002 so what is that. it isint an import and i read that uk cars were only turbos so what is this FI thing that is there? any help would be great as i am under 21 and have no chance of getting turbo insurance and am hoping for a nice NA

The FI thing when it comes to insurance usually applies to MKIII's. I don't know if the NA was available in the UK as a MKIII, but as you say the MKIV certainly wasn't.

NA insurance is notoriously high on the MKIVs. You will probably actually get cheaper insurance on a UK TT.

You'll probably find that UK turbos can be insured for less than NA JDM cars.

FI sounds like fuel injection/forced induction, god knows - they may even be talking about the MKIII Supra.

If you're looking for NA quotes, check for SZ codes on the websites.

ROFL pwn3d by Faye :D Damn you :clap:

the only problem with the twin turbo is they refuse to quote under 21. or do i have to call them up and get a quote rather then on the internet? i really want a TT and was going to upgrade in the future anyway but i cant get a quote online for it as im under 21. that and i dont think fast car at young age is totaly advisable.

Have you tried the club insurer (Sky, UIG) for a quote?

I found it hard to insure my NA when I brought it when I was 22, as only Tesco or Direct would touch me. Unfortunately I think they have stopped quoting on under 25s for NA's now.

Have a quick search for some insurance threads, as there are quite a few people under 25 with NAs.

Try another company, there are loads of companies that will insure you :)

You sir are a saint. As are you Faye. Would you perchance have a name of aformentioned companies that may wish to insure me

As Faye says, first try the club insurer who will do decent prices for JDM cars (NAs) and Supra members especially. Bell Direct/Tesco/Privilege all use the same broker I think, so if one doesnt take you can probably rule the rest out. Just ring around fella. I know its a pain :D

The big sign is the engine size if its a 2997 its mk4 if its 2954 its mk3 and the FI bit is the big giveaway. Most insurance companies are starting to realise the difference but my N/A was insured for 2 years with tescos as a mk3 despite me phoning them repeatedly saying I thought this was the case.

Also when did they stop selling the N/A mk3?

yea i think i have more chance in a supra:P i just fell in love with the supra cockpit and seating position when i saw my friends uncles one so i wanted an NA but i cant get insurance now:( going to try calling couple dozen companies and seeing if i can get insurance on a TT or NA although i realy dont think its gonna happen

dont give up. try elephant, they would only insure me on a uk (TT) and im 20 with a write off. Try insuring your mum as a named driver that should bring the premium down and say your best quote is 650...i did that, been driving 3 yrs, no points. £1400.

p.s did it online

when i went online with mom as first driver they said al drivers had to be 21.

Those Lying B*******. go figure. thats why i intend to call them up and see waht i can do. i actualy have a chance at insurance in my budget :D.

Just got a good quote from Admiral for the new UK TT of £494.00!! My old insurers were arseholes - I sent them pics of the car, a full spec list and magazine clippings showing that it was a J-Spec SZ and the insurance policy I got back still says F1 2954cc! Thing is, as soon as you make a claim they'll say the policy is void because its the wrong car on there! Tossers! Consequently I won't be going back there for the TT! Try Confused.com and let them root around for some quotes - thats what I did. Ranges from £494 to well over £900!

Just got a good quote from Admiral for the new UK TT of £494.00!! My old insurers were arseholes - I sent them pics of the car, a full spec list and magazine clippings showing that it was a J-Spec SZ and the insurance policy I got back still says F1 2954cc! Thing is, as soon as you make a claim they'll say the policy is void because its the wrong car on there! Tossers! Consequently I won't be going back there for the TT! Try Confused.com and let them root around for some quotes - thats what I did. Ranges from £494 to well over £900!

Thats a good quote, how old are you if you dont mind me asking???

tt steve.