The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picking a Supra

Guest RPEcustoms

Guest RPEcustoms

Hi, Im Rob I own a bodyshop called RPEcustoms, Im looking to buy a mkiv Supra very soon, but iv no idea on spec apart from tt and n/a, manual and auto.

Im just wondering if you guys can give me any tips on buying one, and is it worth paying the xtra£££ for a turbo? or are imports hard to insure? It'll be hard enough as Im only 23.

Please give me any info you might think might be usefull as I dont know where to start! :(

Thanks ROB

http://www.RPEcustoms.co.uk

Dude, these questions come up every couple of days, try a search :innocent:

The model you want really depends on your budget and what you want to achieve. The NA and TT are worlds apart in terms of outright power and potential, but running costs are about the same as are fuel consumption and insurance.

If you find a UK car then insurance can be cheaper, they also come with bigger brakes as standard as well as a traceable history. Jap cars have most things as options, can be more to insure but will cost the same to run and modify.

At 23 you shouldn't have too many problems insuring either model, provided you have a few years no claims and a good license. Probably £1.5k ro £2.5k per year would be about right for a jap, maybe £500 less for a UK.

The Auto's are much more available than the manuals, the 6spd TT's tend to go for a bit more and are harder to find than the auto's. Aero-tops are also available on some jap models but these are auto only, aero-TT's are also one of the most expensive and sought after cars (well, apart from the late model VVTI's, but that’s another subject...)

If you are serious about getting a nice motor then contact “Jurgen JM Imports” on this forum. He has been bringing in some great cars for people here.

Guest RPEcustoms

OK cheers mate, Iv wanted one for years but iv always thought id never get insured but from looking on this site it seems i can! Im looking to spend little as possible as i can sort bodywork myself but I dont want a total dog.

So im thinking 7k at least for a standard tt thats been looked after??

Thanks for the replys :rolleyes:

Rob

http://www.RPEcustoms.co.uk