The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling Road Auto

Pig

Your lucky you got it rolling roaded with it being an auto!

All the RR guys just shrug their shoulders at autos up here :(

todd - if you have tweaked your car and want a reading try star performance in Kirckaldy....they managed to do mine

Irvine

capable of 750bhp. rolling road not dyno, whats the difference?

Completly stock uk spec untill next week.

What they did was put it in manual mode and did it in 3rd got these results:

1 power at flywheel (corrected) 369.4bhp

2 power at flywheen (measured) 353.2bhp

3 Power at wheels 252.8bhp

And in second

1 327.5 bhp

2 313.7 bhp

3 232.2 bhp

Im pleased to have guideline figures. just wondering what people quote to others?

Is it just me, or does the power at the fly seem rather high when calculated from the rwhp figure?

No, it's not just you :D

The 'measured' value of 259 rear wheel horsepower sounds about right, but the flywheel figure they quoted would mean a transmission loss of something over 30%!!

20% is more realistic (at most if the neigh Sayers are to be believed), this would give a figure of around 325 flywheel hp. That’s pretty much right for a stock UK car.

Sorry Homer.... How did you work that out. So my uk stoc is about right....great news.

RW HP is the flywheel HP minus the HP lost through the transmission. Since the only ‘known’ is RW HP and the transmission loss is an educated estimate (though it should be roughly the same for any auto Supra, hence the 'established' 20%.), this means to work up from RWHP to flywheel you multiply it by 25%. This will give you enough to work out an estimate of the flywheel HP. In your case you have:

259 + (25% of 259) = Flywheel HP

Therefore:

259 + 64.75 = 323.75 Flywheel HP (give or take...)

See the link Class One posted above, start on page one and only read the posts from Jake and Digsy ;) They explain it far better though :D

Edited cos I got put 359 instead of 259... doh!

No problem, just hope I did the maths right! I quoted your RW HP wrong, but with the varibles involved it means your car should be pretty much spot on for a stocker.

PS: as said before, you really should get rid of that 1st cat if you are using a bleed valve and going above 1 bar, also make sure you get a colder grade plug, fuel cut defencer and be sure to replace that fuel filter. Its all fairly cheap stuff but will give you a huge, *reliable* power increase if done correctly.