The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitting the fcd

ADD

You'll have to splice ECU wires. Ideally you'd want to solder them, and working in the footwell is not good for the back (that's what my back says anyway! :tongue: )

Could be ackward if you haven't done it before. If you don't feel comfortable, why not have an auto-electrician do it?

At least you will lower the risk of being left stranded if a critical connection fails.

you intercept the map signal, cut it in half.

You also need the positive and ground, yes. It's no big deal if you know what you're doing, the whole lot can be hidden inside the ECU cover.

Just make sure that you're picking the right wires, lol...

is this labelled on the ecu?

Yeah, I'll echo that...

Make sure if you do use crimps that you use the proper units, not the cheapy ones that you buy in kits that just squash things down, then really should be ratchet version rather.. Trying to find an intermittent electronic fault on a supra could get nasty...

Gav

as far as I can remember there is only one ECU under the

passenger foot well !!!!

this attachment might be clearer

i have got two units under the passenger footwell carpet, one has throttle control and the other says something like electronic ecu! well and truely confused me!

You don't say if it's UK or JSpec (good idea to have this in your signature!) but the diagram above caters for both (for these 3 signals at least)

Seeing the shape of the ECU loom above, if you can't tell which one is the ECU, you may want to have this done by an auto electrician.

Wise move.

It's easy even to cut the wrong wire, people have mistaken the MAP pin for another one --- easy mistake to make if you're not triple-careful with the loom orientation.

Corroded/loose connections are common too, creating weird and unpredictable behaviour.