The mkiv Supra Owners Club

drag strip 1/4 mile times for BPU

Suprasteve

i've looked a MONKEYmarks drag racing times and noticed the stock turbos range mainly from 12.7 to 13.8 for the 1/4 mile.

I'm interested to know of which are BPU? does anyone know an avarage time for a 6sp Jap BPU at Santa Pod on normal weather conditions.

I know they're gunna vary greatly with soooo many other things to take into concideration but just after a rough guide.

My best so far is 13.4 @106 mph at Santa Pod in April this year. I had at the time 1 cat still in (by the engine) running 1 bar with a crappy very resticting exhaust. I'm now BPU with Blitz Nur Spec etc... running 1.2 bar Standard Eagle F1's 17inch tyres.

I would like to think on a good start and gear changes etc i could get late 12s with a top end of may be 110mph. Am I being realistic or am i in dreamland ? :shrug:

Please don't burst my bubble, be gentle.

Why not plot all the 6speed stock based times on a graph and then you'll see from the trend what the average time is.

I thought of doing that but MONKEYmark hasn't stated what mods they have so sort of guess work really.

Just thought that may be a few people on here have done a 1/4 mile with 6sp BPU and could tell me their times so i had an avarage to compare them.

The real reason for my original question is that my mate has just had a remap on his EVO6 and is now running 346 fwbhp and getting a twin plate clutch fitted. He's been told from people on the EVO site that he should be getting around the 12.8 @ 106 mph with his mods.

It would be nice to know if i could match/beat him or not before i start the friendly banter that mates do before we race. :p

ouch :eyebrows:

proceed with caution

Why don't you try rolling start 'tests', like from 80mph upwards? You'll kick his ass then ;)

done that already and yep within a couple of seconds i was 2 car lengths in front and still pulling away. :woot:

We're going Santa Pod on the 25th Sept, i think he'll be getting his own back :thumbdown

not enough room to put all info about each car on list. if people want to do a picture of all there spec i can put it as a link at the side of there name on list, what is bpu anyway.lots of cars go double de cat and exhaust. if you tried some sticky tyres it helps loads read that drag radials can knock off up to 1/2 second.

the manual cars seem to have trouble launching,it can be done just look at the crd launch.

some cars have more mods than others.would fitting 550cc injectors be classed as a + on the bpu scale.just look at terminal speeds of the cars see how you compare.or look at detailed drag strip listing, you can see how you doing against another car at different points up the track.

not enough room to put all info about each car on list. if people want to do a picture of all there spec i can put it as a link at the side of there name on list, what is bpu anyway.lots of cars go double de cat and exhaust. if you tried some sticky tyres it helps loads read that drag radials can knock off up to 1/2 second.

the manual cars seem to have trouble launching,it can be done just look at the crd launch.

some cars have more mods than others.would fitting 550cc injectors be classed as a + on the bpu scale.just look at terminal speeds of the cars see how you compare.or look at detailed drag strip listing, you can see how you doing against another car at different points up the track.

Cheers Mark.

I wasn't having a pop at you for not having all the information on the table as this clearly is a massive job and you'll be forever updating it. The inforamtion you have input already is fantastic. I've looked on other websites (non toyota ones) and they don't have such information.

Do you think if i asked Aerotop Dave nicely (seeing that he has written a blinding write up on BPU in the Tech section) if he can do another for BPU+, BPU++, hybrid & single (plus the stages along the way) just so we all know exactly what stage of modding we are at and what to do next or just to have some rule or bench mark to base things on !??! :scare:

too many configurations really to break it down like that, so many things like different tyres,fuels,drivers who not got experience.different levels of mods. i dont have a boost controller or fuel computers.

my car has

no boost controller

no fuel computer

but have tried lots of combinations how to beat times.

best time have done on 1bar boost with full weight running some 113 race fuel for peace of mind, dont know if it even takes advantage of it on stock ecu.never reset ecu or took headlight out. on drag radials with cw decats with restrictor ring fitted if i remember.blitz nur spec exhaust, and a wonky fitted blitz fmic.4000tc ,ngk plugs,hks 264 264 cams and gears, and water injection with 70/30 methanol/water mix. and rltc (turned off)

what in the bpu does that make me?

would love to try a small shot of nos and try now i stripped lots of weight out of car.

think you will find the launching is where its at. we all know supra is good when its up and running

i keep trying to get intrest and thinking of more ideas to try mahe it better, you dont see many lists like this on other boards. would have thought the gtr would have had one.

too many configurations really to break it down like that, so many things like different tyres,fuels,drivers who not got experience.different levels of mods. i dont have a boost controller or fuel computers.

my car has

no boost controller

no fuel computer

but have tried lots of combinations how to beat times.

best time have done on 1bar boost with full weight running some 113 race fuel for peace of mind, dont know if it even takes advantage of it on stock ecu.never reset ecu or took headlight out. on drag radials with cw decats with restrictor ring fitted if i remember.blitz nur spec exhaust, and a wonky fitted blitz fmic.4000tc ,ngk plugs,hks 264 264 cams and gears, and water injection with 70/30 methanol/water mix. and rltc (turned off)

what in the bpu does that make me?

would love to try a small shot of nos and try now i stripped lots of weight out of car.

think you will find the launching is where its at. we all know supra is good when its up and running

i keep trying to get intrest and thinking of more ideas to try mahe it better, you dont see many lists like this on other boards. would have thought the gtr would have had one.

wow, goes to show you dont need to spend big bucks on a single, hey.

just out of interest what is 4000tc ?

my BPU car with 1 bar boost and smic does 13.5-13.6 all day with no launch :) And terminals of around 108mph

I'd like to think i could dip into the 12s if I actually launched the autobox properly

I was getting similar times to you at 1 bar. I had a crappy exhaust which i've now fitted a Blitz and running 1.2 bar - feels soooo much more powerful, hence i'm hoping to get into the 12s.

happy days

• 1 month later...

Hehe Mark, feeling the heat now huh - its good to have the competition.. I remember watching you doing your 11.9, and I though, oh he must have his single fitted now - doh :D

Yeah I hope some nice times were run today, seeing it was pretty much the last decent big meet opportunity to run the 1/4 mile.

I had a constructive day spent in bed :rolleyes:

Hehe Mark, feeling the heat now huh - its good to have the competition.. I remember watching you doing your 11.9, and I though, oh he must have his single fitted now - doh :D

Yeah I hope some nice times were run today, seeing it was pretty much the last decent big meet opportunity to run the 1/4 mile.

I had a constructive day spent in bed :rolleyes:

about time it was beat :)

mines still in millions of bits. not touched it at all. want to get it up and running again now.its good trying to come from behind something to aim for. the lad who has record is racing today too.good to see supras doing better over here.

lets get the big power boys sweating a bit :whip:

My BPU¹ 93 RZ Auto gets terminal speeds of 110+mph easily. My best terminal is 116.27mph, best ¼time is a poor 13.340 but I reckon that is mainly because of the slow-to-get-going auto box. With a high-stall TC I would expect to easily get in the twelves and hopefully a bit better terminal speed.

¹(full decat, walbro pump, FCD, stock airbox, E-01 @1.2 bar)

My BPU¹ 93 RZ Auto gets terminal speeds of 110+mph easily. My best terminal is 116.27mph, best ¼time is a poor 13.340 but I reckon that is mainly because of the slow-to-get-going auto box. With a high-stall TC I would expect to easily get in the twelves and hopefully a bit better terminal speed.

¹(full decat, walbro pump, FCD, stock airbox, E-01 @1.2 bar)

dont you lose terminal when you fit a high stall

sounds like you have a fair bit of power.