The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Passenger side door not locking but some odd symptoms

Aerotop Dave

Okay, latest thing I need to get fixed... my passenger door doesn't always lock. The little switch sorta twitches but doesn't actually move over into the lock position. What do I need to oil/tweak/replace with these symptoms:

1) Press the alarm keyfob and it twitches but doesn't move enough to lock

2) Press the drivers side lock and the passenger one moves around just fine and locks at the same time.

3) Press the button on the electric window switch panel to lock both doors and the passenger one locks just fine

So it's only when I press the alarm keyfob (ie, the most useful one :complain: ) that the thing doesn't work. I've got the door card off at the moment for supergluing (don't ask), so what do I need to fiddle with?

hmm, very strange. If it works using the button on drivers door, I would suspect the problem is with the wiring thats been tapped into on the drivers door to make it unlock/lock remotely.

Thats the only thing I can think of, sorry

I'll try and have a word with the guy who's done my alarm system. What make and model is your alarm and also what model supra (just in case the wiring maybe different depending on models)

Ro