The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I hate ebay sometimes!!!!

Supra_Nish

not sure if anyone saw these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7998029779&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

I managed to negotiate a "buy it now" price for these with the seller. Unfortunately he put them up at that price while i was at the gym.

As you can prob guess, someone else jumped in and bought them. He tried to explain nicely that it was a mistake and they were meant for me, but apparently the other guy is threatening all sorts of legal rubbish!

I mean FFS, the guy made a mistake why not just back off? I've told the seller to just let the other guy have them.

RANT OVER :complain:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£70 .... bargain of the decade mate!!!! the pads alone would of cost more!!!

:cry:

Don't rub it in mate!!!! I know it was a steal, i guess thats why the other guy is holding on so hard. But there just don't seem to be any gentleman left out there anymore! Its every man for himself.

Even at such a bargain price, I'd like to think most people would graciously bow out if the seller explained the story.

Ah well

Guest Terry S
:cry:

Don't rub it in mate!!!! I know it was a steal, i guess thats why the other guy is holding on so hard. But there just don't seem to be any gentleman left out there anymore! Its every man for himself.

Even at such a bargain price, I'd like to think most people would graciously bow out if the seller explained the story.

Ah well

Thats a tricky one mate, seems Ebay is almost a game, and if the bloke nipped in while you where at the gym then you can hardly blame him.

Thats a tricky one mate, seems Ebay is almost a game, and if the bloke nipped in while you where at the gym then you can hardly blame him.

yeah fair do's, but to threaten legal action when the seller even offered compensation is a tad strong.

I see what you mean though, and its not really the sellers fault, so I just backed out and told him to go ahead and sell them to the other guy.

Huh??

Did anybody else get an update email and the contents don't actually appear on the post and there have been no edits???

Ah well, I'll just get back to work *grin*

Loosing the plot

Yeah Gav i got that too, looks like some quick editing from the chilli man. :sly:

Looks like you stumbled across a bargain and took it, never mind the seller trying to explain its a mistake eh?

advanced ebay 101:

when a buy it now is neotiated, make sure the seller relists as 'buy it now for mr smith' then if someone else jumps in they dont have any right to kick up fuss legally.

fair play to chilli though, if i'd have seen it i'd have bought them too, and ive already got UK's!!! lol

all's fair in love and ebay! :tumble:

Ok, it was me who got the brakes on ebay. Sorry to Nish, but I have had a bad time with ebay of late and I wasnt going to be a pushover again and TBH, nothing legal was discussed with the seller. All I said was that I had pressed the "buy it now" button, so basically he had an obligation to me - end of!

FFR - if you've managed to agree a price privately (which isn't the way ebay is actually supposed to work) then you need to get the seller to end the auction or reserve it for you.

At the end of the day, you win some, you lose some. Trust me, I've lost a lot more on ebay than i've won.

If I decide to sell, or find any more on my travels, you'll be the first to know!