The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra in British GT

Need4Speed

Yeah, I think it was me who posted the possibility of this car running last year sometime. I knew there was some people building a British GT Supra but never knew when they were planning on entering it.

So it looks like next year then I take it?

The British GT is no where near the spec limits of the Super GT cars in Japan. Those cars are stripped right out and even have new two piece (front - rear) chassis designs for each car. The british GT have to use the manufacture OE chassis to build their cars on. Big difference because this dictates the track and wheel base which they have to use, which plays a major role on how the car goes round a corner.

Great to see a Supra entered into the British championship and I hope it goes really well for them.

No doubt all of us Supra owners will take a interest on how it performs throughout next season.

The shelved the car running this year because of finances.

Maybe mkivsupra.net could sponsor them? Not necessarily out of the membership funds, I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't mind paying a few pounds to see a road-derived Supra eating up the competition in a professional race series. Would be cool to have a sponsor's sticker on their car when they do.

Just an idea.

:looney:

As far as I know GT3 is a power/weight formula, so loads of horsepower doesn't help unless you've got loads of weight! Chris Wilson will probably know more about the regs than I do.

The company building the car, Maxspeed, are also naming one driver as Chris Dawkins (the owner of Maxspeed). Maybe I should offer my services, but no doubt they'd ask how much money I was bringing.