The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying 1st Supra II

firepool

Hi all,

93.5 K reg, SZ, auto, 103,000km (apparently 49k miles true reading), black, BBS gold alloys, up for 5k

Well, after diving this car earlier today, i decided i was going to walk away for the following reasons, apart from the excellent advice from db this morning:-

12" dented scratch o/s rear quarter

very poor respray job on drivers door

loose aftermarket front bumper/spoiler

loose rear bumper

evicence of rear toyota badge being removed and stuck back on

whistling from passenger door when driven 60mph +

Blowy noise from exhaust every now and then

Speedo needle sticking at various speeds

No documentation for apparent change of odometer reading

Scratches on centre console under handbrake lever

Apart from the above things, the car was immaculate lol

I offered him 4.2k for it, he said he wouldn't take less than 5k, but in the next breath he said a dealer had offered him 4.5k so he could fall back on that.

Did i make the right decision?

Yes definitely, the right car is out there, it just takes a little patience to find.

I would start by checking out the Classified and Trader sections on here, I would feel a lot more confident about buying from a member or trader here, than any old Joe trader.

...I offered him 4.2k for it, he said he wouldn't take less than 5k, but in the next breath he said a dealer had offered him 4.5k so he could fall back on that.

Considering the long list of 'observations' you've got there, you actually offered too much

You can get decent, honest n/a cars for £4K

This one was neither.

I doubt that a dealer would offer £4.5 for such a wreck

yeh i know what ya mean. i waited for ages for the one, and i was lucky to get it, a guy turned up to buy it whilst i was test driving it, so they offerd me the car first and of course i said yes. but if ya close enough defiantly check out the Jap place in southend.