The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First timed 0-60 at Silverstone today

cornimac

Hey hey!! Finally (??) got to do a timed 0-60 run today at the Trax meet at Silverstone. Bit steep at 7 quid for one run (makes Bovingdon look like a steal) but well worth it - relived some of that rough airstrip adrenalin :ecstatic:

Anyway I pulled a time of 6.08 secs which probably isn't bad for a completely stock engine but I was hoping for sub-6. Wasn't happy with the launch and think I did better at Bovingdon but hey, still respectable methinks... :clap: for me thankee very much :)

Disappointing showing of Supes... will open another moan thread I recon :complain:

[edit] Done >> http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=46458

Well the day before I went to the airfield meet and for a heady £5 spent my entire day whooping the ass out of every car there. 0-60 hah I piss on that lol. 0-150 full length runway whooping that is what its all about. And I got a full tank of gas's worth of whooping into the bargain. Rolling runs, standing starts, and reel them in anniahlations I had them all. Best part was a copper was the organiser and encouraged us to max it out :-) It was so good I am writing to his boss to thank him for his support. After that I am going to try and sort out a trackday at that airfield. Bloody great for high speed running.

Well the day before I went to the airfield meet and for a heady £5 spent my entire day whooping the ass out of every car there. 0-60 hah I piss on that lol. 0-150 full length runway whooping .... :blahblah: :blahblah:

Right you're in the doghouse!! You promised to let me know when you have fun down there in the riviera ;) Sounds like a good day bud... [mutters under breath]

On public roads I can only get 5.6s 0-60 and 13.8s 1/4 mile - grip is a major problem!

Maybe it'll wear off mate but you're machine sounds cooool ;) Still I should be comforted by my time as I still have both cats in and no real mods {chuffed]

Cornelius, i'm gonna try to put together a Supra meet at Santa Pod for the week after Japshow (I think) when they do a special Saturday Evening session. Then we can get some proper 1/4 mile times in before winter hits us.

:woot: :woot:

Getting addicted to this stuff now mate....

Whatever you do I'm in.. and don't forget to ask for help..

For around a £120 you can buy an accelerometer that can record 0-60, and a hell of a lot more whenever you like... provided you can find a nice straight flat road!.

exactly...

go and pay money for a 0-60 measurement? duh :p ;)

On public roads I can only get 5.6s 0-60 and 13.8s 1/4 mile - grip is a major problem!

I can't see even 5.6 irrespective of power. I'm getting used to the idea that standing starts will always be sluggish with the auto (without risking breaking it of course!)

While accelerating, the highest G-forces I see in mine are at around 40mph

santa pod is a deffo... james are you meaning another day like bovingdon?? That would be ace, had such a great dy last time and should be decatted and running about 1.2 bar. So cornelious..... will be time for another drag.... i better B*oody win this time ;)

I'm getting used to the idea that standing starts will always be sluggish with the auto (without risking breaking it of course!)

Yea that's what happened to me I recon. Didn't get the power braking right, but as you say it's a bit worrying in case something breaks. :(

Good thing about Santa Pod is at least you get 3 tries to average it out, but you are right, £7 quid is silly for a measured 0-60 but I wanted to see it run in stock trim before I go BPU in a few weeks. :)

santa pod is a deffo... james are you meaning another day like bovingdon?? That would be ace, had such a great dy last time and should be decatted and running about 1.2 bar. So cornelious..... will be time for another drag.... i better B*oody win this time ;)

You know Santa Pod mate.. one of the most famous drag strips in the UK.

http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_jap.php

If we do a little planning, I'm sure we can drag off against each other. Let's make sure we hook up early and queue up together. Only thing is though I'm hoping to be BPU too by then so we'll see about you beating me, bud :p ;)

I bet manuals are bliss to launch, but I wouldn't embarass myself with the auto.

Tried 2-3times powerbraking, but my 0-60 figures were significantly worse, so I must be doing something wrong. Too much brake perhaps, who knows.

But it bugs me knowing that the autobox is struggling, and not knowing enough about autoboxes I decided to steer clear.

Rolling starts, yeah baby...;)

I still think that 40-100 figures are much more indicative of a car's power. Without risking clutch/autobox.

You can measure this easily with an accelerometer. It's my favourite timing measurement actually.

i have beaten a few 4wd cars off the line too. sure feels great when you get a good launch.sometimes they may get a jump on you but you easy get past them. had a good race against an evo 7 a long time ago on street tyres he launched real hard got jump about 2 car lenths got into drive then sailed past him. you sould have smelt his clutch burning. had a chat with him and he thought my car was 4wd, surely someone with an evo 7 will know a supra rwd.