The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying my first supra

firepool

Hi all,

Ive been looking at getting a Supra now for a long long time, and the other day i went to look at an imported black K reg n/a MKIV, up for £5000.

It seems like its in pretty good condition overall for its age, but after having a closer look at a further visit, without the seller present, i noticed that there is about a 12" slightly dented scratch across the rear o/s wing 1cm above where the wing meets the trim. Also, there is evidence that the drivers door has been resprayed (slight runs/waves in the paintwork) which looks like it could be related to the scratch.

Ive arranged to test drive the car tmrw with a view to telling the seller if i want to buy or not.

Is £5000 a bit too much to pay for it? Should i try to knock him down a bit?

The damage doesn't notice too much. I haven't hpi'd it as im thinking things wont show up as its spent most of its life in Japan.

If you are slightly worried walk away. I'm selling a car now and I wouldn't be happy if the buyer wasn't. If something seems Iffy look elswhere. I don't want to seem insular but you can't go wrong buying a car from one of the guys here. At least you get a known car with public history. N/A's are very available for that sort of money on better regs. Do yourself a bit more research

its got 103000 km on the odo. the seller (private) says there was a fault with the engine management light, and when it was corrected it gave a different reading, but has actually done 49k miles.

Lol, complete BS!

£5k for a damaged NA, with a clearly dishonest owner = walk away. Plenty more around, take a look at the for sale section here for some honest examples.

A bit of patience will see you in a decent car. Put it this way a year ago I sold my aerotop N/A for £7k so this year a good N/A should bother you for about £5k and a very decent one at that. Ask some more questions here before you buy. I'm sure many members will offer you any amount of advice. If you want some on the spot call me on 07740 647136