The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Single

Dale B

Picked up the car yesterday from Paul. He's done a great job, its all been installed really well and hes made a great job of all the little details making the bay look very tidy and blingy. Got my cam covers and Plenum/throttle body polished up which finished the bay off really well.

Need to get used to all the new sounds the engine makes now ... nothing like the hybrids, turbo sounds different, pumps clicking away, wastegate sounds nothing like my old one ..... and what can I say about the Veilside exhaust WOW, great low down rumble with that lovely burbling tick over. I dont feel like theres any gain in power as yet due to only having a 1.2 boost, which is a product of the MAP ecu not being able to set the fueling up correctly (its running rich atm), but the responce in acceleration is superb, getting on full boost 900rpm earlier than the Hybrids makes all the difference. Paul suggested (which I have fully taken on board and am going to get sorted asap) fitting an AEM which will allow much better control of fueling and ignition and also allow me to get the full potential out of my single. Going to be all over my car today cleaning and polishing (especially the engine bay). Ill take a few fotos later and post them up.

:swear: Stopped in for some petrol on the M1, was a BP garage and was absolutely floored by the price .... £1.06 a litre ... wtf is that all about. I know that motorway service stations are expensive but F*CK ME.

congrats mate what you using to control fueling at the momemt safc???hopefully mine will be done next month cant wait

read the 1st post again. hes using the map ecu :D

nice one dale. it changes the driving experience completely doesnt it? im still running too rich as well and have decided to switch out my hks gcc for an safc2 to try and lean it out.

Good job Dale. What did you decide to do on the transmission front?? Dude was trying to push me down the AEM route when i saw him last. He was convinced it would be the best way to go now that he got his working properly :p What size turbo was it again?? 61??

Tranny will have to wait til next year me thinks ... AEM first, need to get that sorted asap ... I hate things not running as well as they should be. It the PHR stage 1 turbo kit.

Heres some piccies of the "install" ... just need a few more blue silicone hoses,maybe replace black water hoses with nice aeroquip and a bit more bling and that the ebgine bay finished :clap:

BTW I only fitted a single dump valve so the other is up for sale, see here

640-1.jpg

640-2.jpg

640-3.jpg

640-4.jpg

640-5.jpg

Right got the car booked in with Thor on the 8th Oct to get AEM EMS fitted along with Single Channel UEGO controller and possibly EGT sensor. Going to spend the next month getting use to the way the car drive with my new turbo and old MAP ECU and then compare how it feels once the AEM is fitted ... looking forward to this almsot as much as getting the Turbo fitted, HOW F*CKING SAD ARE WE LOT :eek: