The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F'ing Speed Traps

Benzsupra

Just taking a calm drive around the perimeter road at heathrow when all of a sudden a policeman comes walking out into the middle of the road and waved me down. Being the good citizen that i am i calmly pull over to the side to see what the problem is. 15 minutes (and a load of safety chat) later i pull away £60 lighter with more pocket dent to come from the insurance company when i tell them about my new shiney 3 points. Being only 24 and already paying more than my rent in insurance, i can safely say i've had better satrdays (thats including the ones where i'm at work in the stifiling heat). :complain: :swear: Anyway, i did not have anyone else to moan to so i thought i'd share with you lot. :blahblah:

Any one (hopefully not) know what i am to expect from the insurance co. when i come to re-new??

What ever happens i will not sell my pride and joy for the sake of money i would rather park it up and drive my crappy car around untill i can afford to bring it out of hibernation. :violin:

Thank you all for listening to me go on :blahblah: , i feel better now.

Were you much over the limit?

Never been caught myself, but I asked one time when I went for renewal. With an SP30 it went up by £40 (and that’s on an £800 premium).

Thank yourself lucky you haven't had to make a claim, even though I had protected no-claims the premium went up by £350 come renewal time! The claim was only for £900 (some B*stards nicked my wheels) but has cost me over £1200 in increased insurance since...

I was doing 57 on the southern perimeter road, they were tucked in that little gateway before sandringham road (where pakistan airways etc are). My fiancee told me it shouldn't make any difference, she works at an insurance company, but if i get any more it will. So 3 years of ultra safe driving for me to look forward too "Woo Hoo".