The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra part attacked me :(

michael

Miami GT chrome sills just sliced the top of my finger off :(

There I was trying to remove some annoying sticky tape residue when suddenly the sill turned red, made a right old mess of my finger on those sharp edges! I feel a Claims Direct moment coming on....

So then I cleaned up and sewed myself together before attempting to stick them onto the car with some ultra heavy duty double-sided tape... no joy :( The curved part of the plastic kept lifting it off.

So how has everyone else fitted them? Removed plastic sill? Foam backed sticky tape? Some kind of glue?

Ideally I don't want to make a mess of the standard sill in case I decide to take the bling off at some point to save valuable weight ;)

Any ideas would be appreciated to help ease the stinging finger.

I have just bought some black sealant for another job so I can have a go with that, I'm just concerned that the clean up won't be fun if it doesn't stay on :)

What is 'PRC'?

Its an adhesive stroke sealant we use in the aircraft industry. Shit blankets etc. Bond it with this and you won't have to worry about the mess if it ever comes off, you'll have to worry about if you can ever actually get it off :) My massive stainless steel cooker splashback is bonded to the wall with the stuff and hasn't moved a millimetre since I put it on there 3 years ago.