The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first fault.

trooper

After two years, almost to the day, of Supra ownership I have my first fault with the car.

When I put my lights on, the gear selector letters (automatic) in the centre console no longer light up!!

And I thought these cars were meant to be reliable!!! :swear:

LOL

This means I'll have to replace the bulb and they probably cost the best part of £1.

I took the plastic off from around the gear lever etc to look for the bulb. Found what could be a bulb at the back, close to the driver's side. Seemed like it was glued in or something! Didn't want to force it and break it. Damn.

Does this twist out or something? It's just a small bulb like a fairy light!!

its under the 'N' of the selector

twist it 1/4 turn anticlockwise and pull down. Might be easier if you loosen the 4 screws holding down the selector. You will need a standard push fit panel bulb (£1.00 from the local motor factors), and fit the green plastic cover from your old bulb.

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys

Been trying to do this today and got the plastic trim off and then unclipped the secondry surround (the bit of plastic with the letters on). However because of the massive autobox gear shifter the surround wont come off and i can just about see the bulb through the gap. So how can i get to the bulb?

I tried loosening the four screws around that hold the main surround in place and noticed that there is a small connector that looks like it is connected to the bulb underneath. Which bit do i need to turn 1/4 turn anti clockwise the bulb of the connector/housing?

Cheers

Trev

Bo[[ocks.

I didn't know the letters by the shifter were supposed to light up (thought it was just the lights in the rev counter.

Got to go and take mine apart now.

LOL Nice Rich!

Mine was loose and doing the same mate. Loose connection. But when you fitted the Digi Lead for Racelogic, it worked again! Sometimes blimps off, but a little tap puts it back online! :)

EDIT: Old, Old post for Rich!