The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what to look for????

cdo1uk

Serious question here, why do you not want a twin turbo? Import NA to import TT insurance is pretty much the same, fuel consumption is about the same (unless you boot it) and the TTs have more scope for performance if you get bored with the stock power.

If it comes down to purchase price then thats cool, just want to make sure you know that a TT is about the same on running costs as an NA..

JB

you contradicted your self... you say the are about the same to run then say unless you boot it, so the N/A is therefore cheaper. i dont wat a tt coz i dont want the troubles that come with turbos, ive had turbos for years and want a change, i love the supra just want one thats gonna last and be drivable daily.... ive driven both already so i no the tt is faster but im not interested in that. also the tt is alot more to buy....

a question for you now, i dont meant to be rude but, is this another forum where unless you have the top car (twin turbo) you will be ignored and have the pi** taken out of you.... i have this on the BMW forum, unles you have a 328 or a M3 you didnt exist....

you contradicted your self... you say the are about the same to run then say unless you boot it, so the N/A is therefore cheaper. i dont wat a tt coz i dont want the troubles that come with turbos, ive had turbos for years and want a change, i love the supra just want one thats gonna last and be drivable daily.... ive driven both already so i no the tt is faster but im not interested in that. also the tt is alot more to buy....

a question for you now, i dont meant to be rude but, is this another forum where unless you have the top car (twin turbo) you will be ignored and have the pi** taken out of you.... i have this on the BMW forum, unles you have a 328 or a M3 you didnt exist....

I own an NA, my other half has a TT, there is nothing in the running costs (apart from him considering getting a single kit to be a running cost ;) ), infact despite having a clean license and having more NCB my insurance is more cos I have the jap import.

This forum is just as friendly to NA owners, I've been here three years nearly and you get the occasional mickey taking but nothing more. Anyway when the TT owners hear how cool a decatted NA sounds they just get very jealous and bitter ;)

sounds that good then?...... hmmmm have to look into that then. i just really didnt want a turbo one, running cost arnt really a problem as my last car was a trans am 5.7 v8. ive had loads of turbos and i start with all good intentions of leaving it alone, then one day i wake up and ive tweeked it a bit too much and spent loads of money and cant afford to run it anymore.... M/A it is for me. i wouldnt care if it had a 1.3 engine i just love the cars.

Well, I've got the best of both worlds...

I've got a single TT aerotop VVTi, which is my powerhouse car when I want to have a hard drive...

However I've also got an NA with a whole stack of extras (coilovers, short shift, LSD, sports clutch), and trust me it is as much fun as the other car in a different way...

I love the kick of the big single, however I love the linear power of the NA as well....

So it all depends on what you want out of the car really...

Gav

Anyway when the TT owners hear how cool a decatted NA sounds they just get very jealous and bitter ;)

Ive got an Apexi induction kit, TRD exhaust and a full Chris Wilson Decat....

Had a TT owner round recently - Gutted !!!!!

Sounds the best !!! Performs just fine, nothing in it 0 - 60! (so most places then)

don't worry about not fitting in if you drive a NA, there are lots of NA owner here. Time to time you will get snagger off in a joking maner but you defo won't be ingored.

NA are cheaper to buy and you are right about less one mechanical thing to worry about in terms of maintance. Are you from E36coupe forum? I used to have a 320 and 316 are often "mis-treated"

I don't think there is any major problem with Supra NA or Turbo to look out for tbh unlike other cars that suffer from rust or BMW steering recall or block recall type. NA owners will correct me soon if I am wrong.

Chill dude, welcome to the forum

Are you from E36coupe forum? I used to have a 320 and 316 are often "mis-treated"

yeah i was on there had a 318 first, had real trouble then 325 and m3 then they wanted to no me.... thats when i never bothered again. i can see already this seems a much friendlier forum, ive had loads of jap cars and they do seem to be better....

cheers :respekt:

E36coupe is not bad a club, I was there in there early, queenie, kul and those lots are good people. Been to a few meet but I can tell you it is nothing like the Supra meet we get here. We are much better brunch.

at meets here we talk about car and each modification and performance upgrade. at E36 they talk about how bad other car is how other car is cheap etc....

I bought my supra from a member here and I look after it as well as he did. May be you will find you dream NA here too.

China

I own an NA, my other half has a TT, there is nothing in the running costs (apart from him considering getting a single kit to be a running cost ;) ), infact despite having a clean license and having more NCB my insurance is more cos I have the jap import.

This forum is just as friendly to NA owners, I've been here three years nearly and you get the occasional mickey taking but nothing more. Anyway when the TT owners hear how cool a decatted NA sounds they just get very jealous and bitter ;)

:yeahthat:

i drive a Black NA and love it, the Mods are just money to make me feel better, I may not have the acceleration of a TT but I can mix it with them on drives like the Lakes cos it's fun. And as Faye says a Decatted NA with a Loud and I mean Loud exhaust is perfect !! :ecstatic: :scare:

E36coupe is not bad a club, I was there in there early, queenie, kul and those lots are good people. Been to a few meet but I can tell you it is nothing like the Supra meet we get here. We are much better brunch.

at meets here we talk about car and each modification and performance upgrade. at E36 they talk about how bad other car is how other car is cheap etc....

I bought my supra from a member here and I look after it as well as he did. May be you will find you dream NA here too.

China

I was on that forum too for a few years - great forum - loads of laughs - did lots of magazine covers!! Oh no, it was the BMW Car Magazine forum - although I popped on the E36 one too from time to time.