The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Manual 6-speed...?

MAD-MAX

Hi guys,

just comin over from the world of scoobies into the soop city..

Anyway have read all previous posts but just wanted to know are LOW mileage Supra UK Manuals really hard to come by nowadays..

I currently have a 02 plate Impreza WRX that i have received a deposit on and in my grand old days am looking for something smoother more refined and quicker = SUPRA :rolleyes:

Have taken a deposit on the impreza and the guy will come at the end of the month to collect.

Anyway have driven an auto Uk and it does drive beautiful but i am a manual lover as thats all i have ever owned and am used to (plus the missus hates an auto box!)

So my question is are there any UK manuals around with low miles...? any members thinking of selling...?

Checked autotrader and nothing suitable there (all 100k+)

Noticed a nice one in the F/S section with 55k thats now sold - would have been ideal..!!

Cheers

Max

p.s. any advice or contacts of people selling greatly appreciated.

hi mate,

actually any colour will do: red/black/white/blue/silver...

BUT i know what you are saying as i've read previous posts :p

However i am no real rush as i cant buy until my scoob goes end of sept but cant wait too long after that as i'll have to drvve the wife's ford KA.. :(

Cheers

Hey I was in exactly the same pos as you a few months ago.

I decided IMHO that UK spec manual 6 speed was not worth the wait. The lack of choice severly limits your options, so I decided that a j-spec would be fine and I haven't regreted that decision at all since.

TBH the main thing that a UK spec car gets you that is worth having is the uk spec brakes, but you can just upgrade them and a complete brand new set can be purchased here via a group buy for sub £500! Thats for new brakes, probably better than the tired old ones your going to get on a car that is several years old now...

Other than that, most of the other differences aren't really worth worrying about. J-spec turbos can't handle quite as much boost, but they spool almost instantly with no lag which makes the car very responsive!

The better choice of j-spec cars means you are much more likely to find something that matches what you want, when you want it and for a price you can afford...

What sort of prices are we talking for a say 60k uk supra manual...?

I noticed an L-reg red one that sold for £12500 done 55k.. was that the 'sort of fiure' they are fetching...?

Cheers

p.s. sorry for all the Q's but please bare with me and help a newbie - afterall we were all newbies once :clap:

Mine was a black '96 N with circa 60k for a little less than that, plus it came with wheels and bodykit, so I think that price you mention might be a little on the high side for an older car. Depends though, if the car is A1 mint then it might well be worth a higher premium...

Certain colours seems to be more desirable (or less common). Black seemed to be more desirable, with colours like red and white less so. Silver is a very common colour for supes.

No worries, we are all newbies really, it's just that some are less 'new' than others lol. I've only had one since March this year.

PS: You're going to love the strong, unstressed 3l 2jz-gte after comming from highly tuned 2l engines!

As a UK 6 speed owner, they're not worth the wait. The leather might be nice for some, brakes are definately better but you can get imports with UK brakes on etc. Injectors are better based for BPU but if you want serious power upgrades you might look at changin them anyway. Only advantage (and the reason i got one) was the insurance but that's because i was only 22 when i got mine. The other reason was that the UK 6speed i looked at was immaculate, that's why i bought it. If it had been a dog, i'd of walked away.

I guess it depends on future plans and current needs.

Not quite sure what you are refering too, but generally if you want to do some serious tuning you are going to replace with parts with a far higher spec than the Uk spec parts (with exception to the brakes as mentioned before).

If you want more modest tuning, there is quite a lot to be had from the j-spec set up!

But I guess as you say, depends on what you want and what you plan to do...

Just get a Jap one m8, we ALL want a low mileage UK spec 6 speed, but then again we all really want a Lambo really. Nowt wrong with Jap, I bet you won't find a single person on here who is not happy with their Jap car and is busting to swap for a UK. Anyway, you have made the CORRECT choice opting for a Supra and whatever you get I guarantee you will not regret it! :cool:

Just get a Jap one m8, we ALL want a low mileage UK spec 6 speed, but then again we all really want a Lambo really. Nowt wrong with Jap, I bet you won't find a single person on here who is not happy with their Jap car and is busting to swap for a UK. Anyway, you have made the CORRECT choice opting for a Supra and whatever you get I guarantee you will not regret it! :cool:

Agree with that, the correct choice was a manual Supra TT :D anything else is minor detail lol

Hi guys,

thanks for the info - the car will be kept standard - Therefore looking to buy a completley standard one - Used daily - BUT have my mind set on a UK - due to the creature comforts - checkable service history - Insurane (not an issue for me but gotta get the wife insured on it also and she has 0 NCB)

and resale factor as i'm only probably gonna keep it for a year or so and then move on....

Cheers

p.s. NO-ONE FOUND ONE FOR SALE FOR ME YET....? :help:

Yoy mean Elite rather than minority dont you ;)

:clap:

Lets not start a war, but:

It's mostly the UK spec cars that I see qualifying for the pipe and slippers crew, with completely stock cars and 'nice' cream leather interiors ;) At least J-spec owners aren’t all so scared to modify their cars.

Manual drivers like having full control over the car. Next you will be wanting a chauffeur :tongue:

Anyway I don't want to get into a debate, but remember, either way, it's a Japanese car at the end of the day...