The mkiv Supra Owners Club

With hindsight, you would of?

RedM

With hindsight I would have bought a Supra TT back in 1996 for 3,500!!:eek:

I was working at the old Nissan HQ in Worthing. It was after the Revenue raided the place and I was in the warehouse working for a company which took over the sale of all the Nissan parts stored there.

Anyways, most of the people there had their cars serviced by two local mechanics. One day, they turn up for some parts in a red TT. I'm like "Oh, that's nice" and try not to drool. I get told that it's for sale at three and a half thousand. I ask why so cheap? They say "because it's an import, parts are impossible to find and no local dealer will touch it". I pass.

Didn't have much foresight so I still occasionally kick myself over this.:swear:

With hindsight I would have bought a Supra TT back in 1996 for 3,500!!:eek:

I was working at the old Nissan HQ in Worthing. It was after the Revenue raided the place and I was in the warehouse working for a company which took over the sale of all the Nissan parts stored there.

Anyways, most of the people there had their cars serviced by two local mechanics. One day, they turn up for some parts in a red TT. I'm like "Oh, that's nice" and try not to drool. I get told that it's for sale at three and a half thousand. I ask why so cheap? They say "because it's an import, parts are impossible to find and no local dealer will touch it". I pass.

Didn't have much foresight so I still occasionally kick myself over this.:swear:

A three year old import Supra TT for £3½k? Yeah right.

If you didn't buy a 3 year old Supe for £3500 then you are truely a muppet.

A three year old import Supra TT for £3½k? Yeah right.

If you didn't buy a 3 year old Supe for £3500 then you are truely a muppet.

It was definitely 3.5k

I'm back down that way in a month or two. I'll pop in and ask them if they can remember much about it.:shrug:

FACT : In 1996 new UK spec Supras were in excess of £42,000 over here.

Are you seriously telling us that in 1996 you could have bought a 1993 import for £3500?

....Less then 10% of a new UK spec? And you didn't go for it?

No offence mate, but it seems a little hard to believe.

I know how much they cost back then. What I didn't know was how easy or difficult it would have been getting parts, insurance etc.

It wasn't like we talked it over in depth either. The whole thing lasted about as long as it took to read my original post. I have no idea of the cars background or how they came to have it. They were selling it themselves but their business was not selling cars. Maybe they didn't know it's worth. Sue me!

TBH, back then I had only just started back at work after being on invalidity benefit for 18 months. Sure I could have got a loan but I was just happy to be earning again. A car was not a priority.

If it'll help you to sleep better I'll make sure to visit them when I go back down south and ask them about it. But, y'know, I have no reason to lie about it. What could I gain from doing so. Unusual things happen from time to time. The only reason I posted this was because I'd mentioned the old Nissan organisation in another thread and this is one of my memories of the time I spent working for them.

• 2 months later...