The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone used a Blitz R-VIT on their car?

Guest p11gt

Can someone who had experience with this blitz unit check my wiring harnes/connector against theirs please, for some reason, the unit cant communicate with the port. Im just wondering if the wires/pins are in the right place.

http://www.primeragtp11.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rvitconnector.jpg

Also, i dont fully understand what the white bullet connector is for, at the top of the pic. The kit came with a ciggie lighter lead which has a corresponding plug into the harness via one of those connectors thus supplying it with a +12 live, but i thought the power was supplied along the red cable.

My car is a 2000 year new shape Previa (dont ask!), its has the 2.4 VVTi engine with the OBD2 system. Im assuming that possibly some of the owners on here might also be using OBD2 and might have used this unit.

Ive looked up the pinouts on a OBD2 system to see what these 4 wires are supposed to connect to but there seems to be some sort of confusion. For example. In order to make the unit switch on/off with the ignition, i have to use an external power source, namely a ciggie lead provided in the kit to power the WHITE wire in that pic, the thing is, the RED wire is suppsed to be IGN live on the diagnostic port. It just makes me think if the wires have actually been installed in the right places on that connector block you see there, as that may explain why it cant communicate with my ECU.

Guest Terry S

I cant say mate. I had one which I sold, but it was plug and Play on my VVTi and also on the car it went into.. Yes I had to use a seperate power source.

Have you spoken to Racelogic? There are two types of R-Vit, only one of which is compatible with toyota OBD2.....

ive emailed the same pic and question to racelogic, im now waiting for a reply.

from what i understand, the type 1 which i have is for hondas, toyotas, subarus, daihatsu etc, and the type 2 is for nissans only. in theory, is should just plug and play, but for some unknown reason it wont.

Im hoping its just something simple like one of those wires in the wrong spaces on the connector, just tyring hard now to find someone else who has a Type1 VIT to check.