The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picked up a j spec tt auto

Guest disrupta

Guest disrupta

Picked up the supra turbo that was on sale at mv cars at Glasgow, for £4995 not a thing wrong with it L reg, no smoke on start up engine is sweet as a nut i filled it up about £60 and it only used half that coming back to Newcastle from Glasgow well impressed as my previous car a astra coupe turbo used the same ammount over that distance, no problems with the car on the way home, expect i got caught in a thunder storm about 30 minutes from home so had to drive at about 20 mile and hour all the way.

First time ive been in and owned a tt and i must say im well impressed when that second turbo comes on you can really feel it shifting.

Guest disrupta
For a drive maybe? ;)

yeah lol

Only thing my temp gauge sits halfway all the time, dont seem to budge even when i was giving it some, sitting in trafic, is this considered normal ?

thanks

Only thing my temp gauge sits halfway all the time, dont seem to budge even when i was giving it some, sitting in trafic, is this considered normal ?
Yeah, that's normal. Anything less than boiling itself to death is shown as mid-point on the gauge. Seems like the gauge only has 3 positions.

Has it got a boost gauge fitted?

If you really feel the second turbo kicking in, it could be that it's running a lot of boost --- best check before you find out the hard way.

I would refrain from pushing the car before all fluids have been changed with fresh stuff. (maybe it's just me though, lol...)

Guest disrupta

63 k miles mate when i picked it up yesterday but 64 now been out in it tonight and yesterday well you cant blame me haha

out of intrest in the engine pic does anyone have any idea what kind of filter that is, it is green inside the gauge not sure if you can tell from the pics

thanks

edit /

On a total seperate note i have just seen a supra non turbo for the same reg and miles at a garage 2 miles from me me for £6995, so im glad i got mine as cheap as i did

Guest disrupta

Any reason why i should take it off, im new to the tunning game, am i loosing power with it on, or is it possibly causing damage to the car.

sorry if this sounds silly i jsut dont want to cause any damage to the car