The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Price of a Water Pump

Clarkey

My water pump is just on it's way out .. coolant leaking from it - plenty of coolant still left in the rad, can see the coolant when I take the rad cap off.

Can anyone hazard a guess of how much a replacement would be from Toyota ?

Unfortunately - Toyota have closed for the night, so just want to get an idea of how much this is going to break my bank - before I call them tomorrow.

Cheers!

no idea on price mate sorry, but with the single on it's sure easier to get to :)
Yeah, that's exactly what Chris (Hairy Fish) said - it was he who noticed the wisps of steam .. when he took it away to his house 3 miles away.

I've lost about a pint of coolant. The rad & expansion bottle was full sunday night. I'm soooo bloody lucky!! If that had failed when I was driving ... the head would've probably gone :bang:

Ain't worth thinking about how much :rich: that would've cost!

It's still a lot of work. Having to take the crank pulley off is a right pain.

Yeah Jake .. that's what my searches came up with too. Thought my rear drivers wheel bearing was on it's way out too ... but the squeaky-whiring noise stops when you ride the brake. I think that's pads. We'll see.

It's still a lot of work. Having to take the crank pulley off is a right pain.

it is a pain, when i changed my timing belt my mate who has a 300 zx told me to change the water pump while i was in there, (£65 at the time for a new one) i though i knew best and didnt bother, guess what went 2 months later, crank pulley off again

it is a pain, when i changed my timing belt my mate who has a 300 zx told me to change the water pump while i was in there, (£65 at the time for a new one) i though i knew best and didnt bother, guess what went 2 months later, crank pulley off again
ouch!

I found a Place doing Blueprint ones for £71 + vat + £5.50 delviery.

K.

yes thats what mine was i remember now, i examined them sat on the bench and they were identicle even down to the casting marks the only difference was the blueprint one had had the toyota badge shaved off and probably about £100 shaved off the price as well, highly recommended mines been on 2 years with no bother