The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on Pirelli

Dale B

I usually run on Michelin pilot Sports but been offered a good deal on some of these ... any opinions on grip / wear etc .. "Pirelli Pzero Assimetrico"

I had the Pzero before swapping to Pilot Sports not sure if they were the same Pzero model. I find the grip levels of the Pilot Sports a little better but not a lot in it.

I've had a wide variety of tyres on my various different cars over the years.... Pirelli tyres are usually very good in the wet... the tread wear is also good on those P0's.

they may not be as grippy as Eagle F1's in the dry but they are not far behind.

I find that as long as you have the correct tyre pressures then you can't go far wrong with P0's.

Best tyre I've had for dry grip is Eagle F1, best tyre I've had for wet grip is Pirelli P0.

I usually run on Michelin pilot Sports but been offered a good deal on some of these ... any opinions on grip / wear etc .. "Pirelli Pzero Assimetrico"

They are good tyres Dale, Kevin has run the Pilots before and now runs Pzero Rosso (semi track tyres) have a wicked groove pattern :D

I have PZeros on this (old wheels) and my previous Lexus and found they wear very good also, quite a bit better than F1's.

Gaz.

Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S I just ordered a set for all four corners. These received excellent reviews at http://www.tirerack.com Their search tool is awesome. I'm going with these because they offer excellent performance in the rain (something we share in common as the weather sucks here almost as much as the U.K.), are all-weather, good price, and wear well. Stay away from tires with a "V" shape to the tread. they cause bad tramlining.

I've used the Assimetrico on the rear with Pzero Rosso's on the front. This used to be the manufacturer fitment combination for some Ferraris a few years back and I found them to be very good. Unlike the Rosso, the Assimetrico is directional, so you need to make sure they go on the right way on the car.

High speed stability is superb, but never used them on the front.