The mkiv Supra Owners Club

test driven an auto TT

nuttynutz

hello, right, went to test drive a TT auto. yup quiet a difference to my NA manual.

but couple things i like to know.

1) the auto is definately not as responsive as my manual. has a slight delay. is that right? is the manual TT like that?

2) flooring it, the car seems to cut power then come back again, abit like when i hit the delimiter at 110mph, but at 40mph approx. instead.

but towards the end of the test drive, it didnt seem to do it. any reason?

3) how much for a front end repray, eg, bonnet, wings, bumper. (has quite alot of stone chips.)

probably more to ask, but thats all for now.

nope, the engine is comepletely standard. standard exhaust too

james will contact you later about bodywork if need to. just needed idea of price. thanks for the rough price though.

wanted to sit in your car at bovingdon to see what your car was like. but had to leave early. otherwise, could then feel the difference between bpu against standard performance

1) the auto is definately not as responsive as my manual. has a slight delay. is that right?
No, not right at all.

is the manual TT like that?
No, neither are auto TT Supras that are running right.
2) flooring it, the car seems to cut power then come back again, abit like when i hit the delimiter at 110mph, but at 40mph approx. instead.

Probably needs a good service including a set of plugs. What condition was the air filter in?

Ignore all the above stuff about turning overdrive off and/or putting it in MANU. You shouldn't need to do any of that

Was the traction control kicking in? The standard one cuts in very hard!

ahh traction control, that may be it, i think i saw on the right dial, some traction light flashing or something every now and then. the car sounds very healthy, not that im a machanic, but it seems pretty solid.

i couldnt work out why the car would jerk when i floored it hard. not a comparison, but my vr6 auto sharan is really smooth. all the way to any gear any speed.

james, will see you to that :D but doubtful, am very busy sorting out my brothers wedding.

Guest gzaerojon
isit, the overdrive off in the first place on D? i didnt use 1 or 2, just kept it in drive.

overdrive is on until you switch it off.

doesn't sound right though, mine pulls really well, without hesitation. i've not driven a manual tt though so i cant compare

overdrive is on until you switch it off.

doesn't sound right though, mine pulls really well, without hesitation. i've not driven a manual tt though so i cant compare

dont get me wrong, the car pulls away fine. just split second slower response to my NA manual. the hesitation is after about 3 second? 40mph ish? the car loses power then picks up again.

i do think its the traction control now as stated by paul c.

guess i need to get familier with all these extra functions to get it right? being an NA manual, never got to play with these overdrive and traction stuff.