The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what tyres?!!

BURT

:shrug:

hey peeos as some of you may know i had a little accident yesterday in the supe, wasn't even pushing the car but mid corner the back decides to go and but wasnt spinning up it was just slideing, rear tyres are new but were put on by the dealers so not too sure if they sre any good,

they are FALKEN GR/3, has any body heard of these or using them at the mo' if so do u find them losing grip in corners and under heavy breaking??

what r u peeps running on yours what do you reccomend, goodyear? :shrug:

My car came with these tyres on, And although not the best you can get, i loved them and still say they gave me the best grip!!

Im on Kumho Supra tyres at moment, mid price range and arent a bad tyre. Due to the set ive got on my car at moment i sometimes get understeer :shrug:

Cant advise you on best tyre though mate...good luck

cool cheers matey, i had goodyear f1 before and they were amazing, could really get the back out but with plenty of contrll these just seem really loose, the slight bit of damp on the road and she's quite a bit to handle. was thinking of changing fancy buying them off me fella if you like, make me an offer if ya want, they only done 800 miles

The most popular tyres on here are the Goodyear F1 GSD3.

I lost the back end of the car going round a roundabout, wasn't going quick either and I've got the Goodyear's fitted.

I think you've just got to be aware that the Supra can get loose at the back end quite easily.

Just wait until they wear down and then get some new ones! :)

i had nankangs on rear for last 2 YEARs. the had done 3 track days and 20,000 miles before i had to replace. i know they sound shit, but they wernt that bad. however the wet was a joke.

couldnt get nankang this time so had to have federals??? wtf. never herd of them. :cry: thers not much cut in them so hopfully plenty of grip. not convinced yet thou. havent given it stick with em on ;)

i think they were 90 quid each. 265 / 35 / 18.

tt steve.