The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best drag radials to use?

mad k

I want to buy 2 drag radials for my supra, I have 16 inch standard supra wheels to use on the back.

I willbe using the mostly on Crails dragstrip which is a converted airfield, The surface isnt that great.

I also willbe taking the car to the jap show at santa pod on the 9th of October.

Ive been trying to find a decent road legal set of drag radials to use, A lot of people are recomending BFG's and Mickey T's , My friends here run hoosiers on there MR2 drag car, But complain that they become "wobbley" at high speeds.

Anyone any recomendations, And also where that either keeps tyres in stock or has a quick delivery time ?

Any help greatly apreciated.

K.

To be honest K, different tyres suit different places better. Experimentation is the key.

Either the BFG T/A Drag Radials or Mickey T ET Streets are a good option for the Sup on tarmac surfaces. MT's I would say have the edge, but they dont look like a road tyre. Theres a lot less wheel spin in our car with these. We can run a third of the tread off the BFG in one run with a small burnout.

Regards,

Gaz.

Thatl be Keith Cowie, He doesnt run at crail , Last time i met him he was saying he had to sacrifice his big brakes for smaller wheels and cant slow down in time now at crail before the water, As there isnt much run off at crail.

Gaz do you stock tyres ?

K.