The mkiv Supra Owners Club

j tt auto's

Guest disrupta

Guest disrupta

I know this has probably been asekd a few times before, so i apologise for asking again, is the j spec twin turbo 280 or 320 bhp, also as the model im buying is a auto are these much slower than a manual twin turbo and does anyone know the 0 - 60 on the auto tt, when i drove it, i didnt get the chance to get past 60 but it didnt seem as intense as my old gtst skyline, tho that could possibly be because it was my first time driving a auto and im not sure if i was driving it right.

thanks

The 280bhp was just quoted for the Japanese market mate, same as the GTR skylines etc. In reality, stock j-specs push out between 300 - 320 depending on the individual car. Auto supras are very well liked, should consideraby out perform a stock GTS-T! Have a look in the FAQ section, also the "search" button is your friend :D If you want a first hand experience of whats possible in a supra, pop over to Envy Performance in Northumberland :D

This 280PS thing, it's a bit like the wife saying "yeah, I only spent £276 on these shoes, as that's all you said I could spend". Then you dig out the reciept while she's got the rollers in, and find out she consumed £330. She lied. Better than TVR though- they quote 340bhp for the Griff 500, bang that bad boy onto a dyno and 265bhp is considered 'healthy'. Cerbera's with 420bhp? Forget it- 340-360bhp- tops.

I find the auto ok, miss the involvement of a manual. I get about 140 miles to £20 of optimax under normal driving.

Also worth noting is that the auto is quicker in a straight line from a standing start...

The Supra doesn't really come into it's own until over 50mph IMO.

As for fuel consumption, I'd say a typical auto with varied driving attitudes will return about 240 miles to a tank full, where as the manual will be closer to 280.

I've had both and would still find it hard to choose if I were to start again.

I did a quick 40-100 measurement the other day, slightly uphill.

(accelerometer, so no human error involved in the timing)

8 seconds flat, now that is Aston Vantage territory (I've got several 40-100 figures from various cars, it's a good way to compare performance without fecking the transmission in standing starts)