The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goodbye mr clutch....

TLicense

Not the clutch replacing chain store, my clutch has decided exit stage right (Probably another victim of Bonvingdon! :devil: )

So I currently had the RPS street max clutch, I'm thinking about going for a sprung centre (to try and reduce some of that drivetrain rattle from my lightweight flywheel)

Oh I'm also going to be going single, hopefully making >500HP (and I'd like to day a similar amount of torque!) So suggestions please! (Unfortunately I'll not quite be getting a tilton CF/CF so be sensible eh?)

Cheers,

what different specs do they come in Gaz?

Well, all the clutches are the same but the flywheel is available in 4 different specs I think - Steel, Chrome-moly, Aluminium and something else (not got the details to hand!).

Depends what you use the car for as to which flywheel suits the car best.

Gaz.

Well there's good news and bad news....

The good news is, the max's reputation is upheld. My clutch, after closer inspection is probably fine.

However I do have a large amount of coolant running off the bell-housing, which is probably causing the clutch to slip. I've tried to see where it's coming from but am struggling. I can't get the coolant to leak when just idling on the driveway so I'll take it for a spin and see if putting some load on the engine gets it to leak, and hopefully I'll be able to spot where it's coming out of.

Cheers,

According to your web site Gaz, your doing a doing a bargain letting them go at £472!

I've not heard of many Max's go before Tony!

As others have said, the Carbon is a superb clutch, but as Ro says they are a little over £2k depending on spec.

Regards,

Gaz.

Well there's good news and bad news....

The good news is, the max's reputation is upheld. My clutch, after closer inspection is probably fine.

However I do have a large amount of coolant running off the bell-housing, which is probably causing the clutch to slip.

Cool.

Have you tried the heater matrix joins at the back of the block? Thats where our leek was...

I'll get that fixed ;)

Regards,

Gaz.