The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guaging interest in DLS 10" Sub and Amp in Custom made box

irfan_habib

When I bought my supe it came with a DLS 10" Sub and C-Series (CA30) Amp in a custom box (see picture). It is actually a very good fit in the boot. Though it isn't wired up, I opted for this as I wanted to take it on a project. Since I bought my supe (about 2 months ago) the sub and amp have been sitting in my garage and I haven't got round to fitting them. They came with all the necessary wiring to fit them.

Specs of the Sub: http://www.dls.se/pdf/specw310.pdf

Specs of the Amp: http://www.dls.se/pdf/ca30eng.pdf

I thought I'd post a message and see if anyone would be interested in buying them and if so what sort of sensible price I could get for them. I'm looking at buying a FMIC and a few other bits and pieces and so selling them would certainly help that cause. Though I'm still undecided on whether I want to fit them or sell them, it all depends on the price I would be able to get for them.

DSCF0042.JPG

To be honest i reckon it would only be worth between £150-£200 max.

The subs only got a 120watt RMS handling, unfortunately audio gear isn't worth much 2nd hand, check ebay.

Fair enough. As I said this post was just to guage what kind of price people would be willing to pay. That's not too bad a price, I'll have a think about it, but I reckon I will end up keeping them.

£225 ???

Any higher?! ;-)

Seriously, ideally I am looking for a £300, realistically I probably won't be able get that much. I'm going to try and get the car looked over in the next few weeks to see exactly what parts I need for my FMIC install (apart from an FMIC) and get a rough quotation for the work. Depending on what I get quoted and if you are seriously interested we may be able to work something out.

The guy who makes the ones in the link above won't ship to the UK.

If you were going to spend time making a custom box then I'd probably try to replicate something like this.

It uses the empty space behind the back seats, you can still fit the targa top in if you need to, and you obviously still have your boot space.

The one's he supplies are fibre-glass.

I think this would generate more interest...