The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon Fibre Bonnets??

Nic

If anyone fancies a Carbon Fibre bonnet (to perhaps go with their new CF wing ;)) I'm planning on organising a test buy of 2 CF bonnets. The company that manufactured the TRD wings for the group buy, also has moulds for 2 wing designs for the Supra, one of the wings is an Ab Flug replica (see photos), the other one I don't know what it is, as there are no photos available.

I have seen quite few samples of other bonnets they have made and the quality of finish and fit is very good, so I'm planning on ordering 2 test samples so I can check the quality. I will sell these first 2 bonnets at a special discount price to anyone interested.

AB FLUG1.jpg

AB FLUG2.jpg

How much do they weigh and how does that compare to an OEM bonnet, Nic?

Not interested for myself, but the information may be of use to someone thinking about one.

I really don't know until I get the samples TBH, the stock one is relatively light already so I would *guess* they would be similar weight.

I'm going to order samples of the 2 carbon bonnets this week; Ab Flug and the mystery one! What I'll do is test fit them on my own car first so I can get an idea of the quality of fit, I will then post photos and prices in the classifieds section. If the quality is up to scratch (which having seen the other parts they do I think it will be) I will then be able to supply more to other members*

*excluding Gaz as he's now on my ignore list :D